Koaloha KSM-01

existence

Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering a Koaloha KSM-01....it's their basic pineapple soprano model. Anyone have one of these? I've heard the tone is really bright and clear.

Just looking for any input on this uke...thanks in advance!

I purchased the long-neck version last may and I have to say, I love it! it's clearer and louder than my cheaper (ie. laminate) tenor ukes. the set-up at the factory is great and so are the Koaloha strings - I usually change up the strings right of the bat but I've kept them on b/c they sound great. Oh, and soooo easy to play too. also, it's great to lug around everywhere b/c it's so compact. And, if you search out posts about the Koaloha family rep for friendliness and customer service, you'll find that it's literally second to none. Sorry, you got me going on an I <3 Ko'Aloha rant!

I have one and it is sweet. Bought it 3yrs ago up in Santa Monica. It has a great sound, very nicely made, as are all KoAlohas...You can't go wrong with one of these instruments. Enjoy !

Thanks to both of you for your input. I'm a little nervous about dropping $500 on a uke I haven't played, but they look great and seem to be quite popular around these parts. I read one post in which the author expressed dissatisfaction with the Koalohas he had bought, but he was vague and just said that he'd had "issues." This makes me nervous, though perhaps it shouldn't, as the positive appears to outweigh the negative so overwhelmingly.

I think I might buy it!

Thanks to both of you for your input. I'm a little nervous about dropping $500 on a uke I haven't played, but they look great and seem to be quite popular around these parts. I read one post in which the author expressed dissatisfaction with the Koalohas he had bought, but he was vague and just said that he'd had "issues." This makes me nervous, though perhaps it shouldn't, as the positive appears to outweigh the negative so overwhelmingly.

I think I might buy it!

If m memory serves me correctly those issues were on a used ukulele that that member bought. KoAloha stepped in and gave him a new ukulele. That same member then did some shady things with some ukuleles.

You will not be disappointed when you buy a KoAloha. I own 3 and they by far sound better than any of my other ukes.

I've got the longneck version (KSM-02, I think) on the way. :nana:

I read nothing bad about Koaloha, so I watched for them at a uke festival I attended. I didn't need to: I was walking past registration and I heard one uke out of the dozens playing around me, so I shut my eyes and zeroed in on it. It was a Koaloha soprano being played by a (day 1?) beginner.

Then hearing of the service people get from them reinforced my impression even more, so this one was a pretty easy choice.

We'll see, but I am pretty excited.! :D

as a former customer turned employee, i must say the only thing better than getting you KoAloha is working there.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I was going to order a KSM-01 or an 00 from MGM, but I was a little concerned about the short soprano scale (I can manage them, but concerts are way easier.) Well, lo and behold someone had a KCM-00 concert on the UU marketplace for just a little but more than a new soprano! So....I BOUGHT IT. I AM EXCITED, HENCE THE CAPS!!!!

:drool:

I have one down in Fort Myers if you want to try one. I'll tell you that all the good things you hear are true.

Top Bottom