Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola! I'm Madison. I live in Carson California and I've been playing for like half a year :p

Hey is this the Madison that did the Summer Breeze lesson on youtube?

Attachments

• szerlong_10.jpg
    szerlong_10.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • szerlong_09.jpg
    szerlong_09.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2
  • szerlong_08.jpg
    szerlong_08.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2
  • szerlong_07.jpg
    szerlong_07.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2
new

Hi, my name is Alan, and i'm currently on tha mainland, but i'll be in Hawai'i in January. I have been playing the Ukulele for abouta year now, and i own a Ceniza T&K Ukulele. i am not very good but i love to play, if anyone in the valley in So. Cal wants to jam let me know!!!

thanks for the site guys!

Hello everyone! My name is Berny. I also just so happen to be NukeDoc's younger, yet more talented brother. HAHA! been playing the guitar for about 13 years. I guess i started playing the uke the same time NukeDoc did considering his was the first real uke ive ever played, let alone ever held. but i didnt really take it too seriously until i got my own uke a few days ago. I first got hooked on island music when a friend of mine gave me a CD containing 2 infamous songs: Drop & Honey Baby! and the rest is history...

anyone in the SoCal, SD area? LETS JAM!

Hi, I'm Alfredo. I bought my first ukulele in 2003 but never really started playing until early last year. I gave my two cheap starter ukes to some friends (got one of them hooked) and now roll with an Ovation tenor (mainly because I saw Aldrine playing one haha), a Cordoba concert (it was an impulse buy at GuitarCenter) and a G-String standard tenor. I'm really not good enough for the G-String, but a local guitar shop had one, and since nice ukuleles are hard to come by in Seattle, I picked it up before it was bought by some other person.

Howzit. I'm Joe, originally from Guam, now staying in Lakewood, Ca. I've been playing the uke sparingly for the past 5 years on and off. I've been playing regularly for the past year now, thanks to the folks who inspire me to play. Like aldrine, guting, and olu143 on youtube. Thanks for putting up this site, it really helps noobs like us the drive to keep going. Anyone local who wants to get together to jam, more likely teach me a whole lot, let's get together.

Joe

Shan (pronounced Sean)
20 years old
Orange County, California
i've been playing the ukulele for just slightly less than a year now.

Hi all I'm Daniel. I'm 25, live in London in the UK and I've been playing ukulele for nearly a year now. Mainly learned from numerous sites and one workshop run by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

I hope to continue learning as much as possible and share any wisdom I gain along the way :3

Hi all...

My name is Jereme Hancock. I am a 30 year old stay at home Dad. I am currently living in Japan. I run several websites, JBEnterprises.

My family and I visited Hawaii a few months ago. In the ultimate tourist way I bought a Ukulele (Kala Soprano). I feel in love with the thing. I absolutely love it and want to learn how to play it. I have been working through books videos and every thing that I can get my hands on. I do not have a musical background, but I am eager to learn.

I started a little site to help me find the best Uke videos online. It is www.UkuleleVideos.com.

I hope you know that this is not intend to be spam. I am just so excited about my Uke that I built a website to help me learn how to play it.

I will be active on this forum and hope to learn from you guys. I look very forward to the main site as well.

Thanks, Jereme

Hello everyone, my name is Byron, and i am brand new to the Ukulele. I just started trying to learn maybe a few weeks ago. My bro Alan, "CenizaT&K-01", is the reason why i am now hooked with this amazing instrument, it has been him who has showed me how wonderful the ukulele is. Because of that, today i bought my first Ukulele, as CenizaT&K-01 and i went to Island Legends in Gardena today and picked it up. I got a Black Pearl Lanikai LU-21TE w/ a pickup. I absolutey love the sound of it and i couldnt be more happy with it, and i cant wait to change the strings to Aquila's for the Tenor Ukulele (they were sold out) like Ceniza has for his Concert Size Ukulele. i hope to learn a lot about how to play from you guys here on this site.

thanks,

byron

psst

Hey i'm a new member in the forums from WA. I have a cheap kala brand uke which gets the job done. the jason mraz cover "i'm yours" sorta inspired me. I'm pretty new at the uke so i'm hoping i can learn more in these forums.

Hey all Dominator here. Looks like I’m the old man of the bunch, ha ha. Originally from Ohio, I’ve been living in Northern California since the mid 80s. I’ve been playing guitar since I was about 12 years old and still play in a classic rock band today. My first trip to Hawaii was back in 1997 when I heard Jake with Pure Heart, IZ, Troy Fernandez and a few others.

We had such a wonderful time on that trip that we bit the bullet and bought a time-share on the south shore of Kauai. We’ve been going each year except for 2003 when I had open-heart surgery. Things got a litter hairy for a spell but things are just fine at the moment. So I dabbled with a cheap Hilo soprano for a few weeks before our trips and a few weeks after and then just put it down. I couldn’t keep it in tune so it wasn’t very appealing. It wasn’t until I purchased a tenor Fluke in 2002 that I really got hooked and decided to learn how to play the ukulele.

I started searching around the net for ukulele tabs of Jake’s songs etc. and came up empty. That’s when I decided I would have to make the effort to figure the stuff out on my own. Since I had the tabs I thought I might as well share them so others could benefit and learn their favorite songs. The Internet made this process of sharing very easy. The result is Dominator Ukulele Tabs.
I can’t always dedicate the same amount of time to creating the tabs as I used to because I’ve also started building these wonderful little instruments. So I may not be posting new tabs as often these days but I still intend to provide the best tabs I can produce, as time permits.

Hey all Dominator here. Looks like I’m the old man of the bunch, ha ha. Originally from Ohio, I’ve been living in Northern California since the mid 80s. I’ve been playing guitar since I was about 12 years old and still play in a classic rock band today. My first trip to Hawaii was back in 1997 when I heard Jake with Pure Heart, IZ, Troy Fernandez and a few others.

We had such a wonderful time on that trip that we bit the bullet and bought a time-share on the south shore of Kauai. We’ve been going each year except for 2003 when I had open-heart surgery. Things got a litter hairy for a spell but things are just fine at the moment. So I dabbled with a cheap Hilo soprano for a few weeks before our trips and a few weeks after and then just put it down. I couldn’t keep it in tune so it wasn’t very appealing. It wasn’t until I purchased a tenor Fluke in 2002 that I really got hooked and decided to learn how to play the ukulele.

I started searching around the net for ukulele tabs of Jake’s songs etc. and came up empty. That’s when I decided I would have to make the effort to figure the stuff out on my own. Since I had the tabs I thought I might as well share them so others could benefit and learn their favorite songs. The Internet made this process of sharing very easy. The result is Dominator Ukulele Tabs.
I can’t always dedicate the same amount of time to creating the tabs as I used to because I’ve also started building these wonderful little instruments. So I may not be posting new tabs as often these days but I still intend to provide the best tabs I can produce, as time permits.

Hey Dominator! Great to see you on the forums!

Hey Dominator,
Welcome back from Hawaii! I've been wondering how long it would take you to get back in the loop. I ran across a video on youtube that I thought you might dig. Very cool uke version of Tom Waits "Alice".
Here's the link.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=yTVE09PAWNc
P.S. I also finished work on Jake's Orange World a few days ago. Just need to get it memorized, polished, and meet the demanding tempo he has set with this one. However, it might be a good one for you to work out and put out a tab on when you get some extra time. Very doable in my opinion. Thanks, Ernie...

Last edited:
rayan said:
Hey Dominator! Great to see you on the forums!
Thanks! Glad to be here.

Hey Dominator,
I ran a cross a video on youtube that I thought you might dig. Very cool uke version of Tom Waits "Alice". Here's the link.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=yTVE09PAWNc

Waitswatcher is a very accomplished classical guitarist and it carries over to his ukulele playing quite well. He is a phenomenal musician.

P.S. I also finished work on Jake's Orange World a few days ago. However, it might be a good one for you to work out and put out a tab on when you get some extra time.

Oh, but if there was only such thing as "extra time".

BTW, a friend of mine has already transcribed a live radio performance of Jake's Orange World and he did an outstanding job on it. It's not one of Jake's songs I've wanted to play myself up to this point. I prefer the more suttle and tasteful side of Jake. Need plenty of caffeine for OW and my doc says I have to stay away from that stuff. It's a bitch getting old I tell ya.

Last edited:
hi guys! born and raised on kauai. started in the 4th grade (thanks mrs. kawamata!) slowed down till i met aldrine(and family!) and been playing ever since.

Hi guys. I'm Lee. 26. Live about an hour west of Seattle. I have rhythm and awesome hand/eye coordination, but I can't seem to apply that onto a uke. Either that, or it kinda doesn't relate. But that doesn't stop me from attempting to learn. =P

Attachments

• 3968.jpg
    3968.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom