Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing myself

Hi there. I live in the Province of New Brunswick Canada. I am retired from the canadian armed forces. Will be turning 65 in a few months.I played guitar as a teenager and at 17 ,I traded my guitar for my first car .A 1952 austin mini coupe. That was the last of guitar playing for about 35 years. Then got a yamaha acoustic ,and about 6 years ago got a Ibanez acoustic electric . 3 years ago we went to waikiki and on impulse bought a Lanikai curly koa concert. I have been trying to learn to play on my own and with the internet. I never played in a band ,just for personal relaxation.Dominator has been very helpful and it is his site that led me here. Looking forward to pick up lots of info here. Keep up the good work .MAHALO

Hola! Live up here in the Northwoods along the Southshore of Lake Superior. With the exception of tourist season the human population is very low. With the low population density comes a minimal number of people that play the 'ukulele. Think I maybe the only person in the area. Bit of uke isolation up here. 1st uke was a Fluke I purchased from a music teacher back in mid '04. Preference for soprano or concert scale/size, C tuning, reentrant. Favorite 'ukuleles are my 1st real uke, the mutant KoAloha std concert (KCM-00) and the William King A5 soprano. Waiting and dreaming about the Glyph 14 fret to the body concert custom that may arrive within a year.

Hey everyone im adam and i live in PA and there relly isnt that many ukulele players here.I have been playing guitar for a while now and felt like tryin ukulele so i bought a cheap $25 one and it should be here in a couple of days, i just hope it holds up so i can learn somthin on it.

Name:Jeff
Playing ukulele for: 2 months

Aloha,

My name is Bob,
I am 22yrs old.
I am happily married for 2 years now, and I have a 4 month old son.
I live in north Texas.
I have been playing Ukulele for two years now.
Aloha,
Acabooe:cool:

Hey Guys!

my name is Nick. Im 15. and im the only person in Pennsylvania that plays the ukulele.

thats pretty much it.

I sleep, eat, sleep some more, play ukulele, and play video games.

thats all i need :)

Mike C, in San Diego. I have a house not 1/2 mile from where you guys are having the meet on the 29th. I will be there ukulele's in tow.

I collect uke's as a hobby so I tend to have a bunch on hand at any given point.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for running this great site guys! Lots of knowledge here and I'm grateful to be able to absorb what I can. My name's David Rubin, grad student in Georgia by day, wanabe bluesman by night. I have been a guitar and piano player for many years. The last 2 years I've been learning squareneck dobro and weissenborn. Not just the music, but also the history: Sol Hoopi, Bennie Nawahi, all the way to Bob Brozman and many others. Then I stumbled onto Del Rey. And my girlfriend turned me onto Beirut. And this strange coincidence of events brought on the desire to play ukulele like wildfire. My girlfriend got me a ukulele my b-day and the rest is history. I'm one lucky duck.

Happy strumming,

-d

Hello everyone,

I live in pearl city for a little while, Im sad to say I never picked up the uke while i was there. Just bought one 2 days ago and am really enjoying it. Its just a cheapy for now, but I still love the way it sounds. Props to Bruddha IZ he had a beautiful way about him.

Chris here. from Napa, CA. I met Jake three years ago after he did a concert here. I missed it, but he was on the cover of the Frets Magazine I had in my hand and we had a good laugh. I Googled him and saw two videos of him playing and went out and bought a uke the next day. I've been playing guitar for years, so the transition wasn't that hard.

Aldrine, one teacher to another, you are a fantastic instructor. I've learned quite a bit just from three videos.

Thanks Dom for turning me on to this site.

Hey, I'm Ian from Long Island, NY. I started playing the uke last year after I bought one in a pawn shop while on vacation in Philadelphia. I picked it up pretty fast though b/c I play guitar, bass, and piano.

Nino here from the SF Bay Area (Fremont). I just happened to stumble upon this site from a Google search. Been playing for the past month. Trying to learn to play the soprano uke my wife bought me on our honeymoon. :D

jyotike

Well here we go I'm Jyoti Have been playing uke for nearing two years now, And it's my first instrument!! really enjoying it. I live in The Netherlands. You know that little country where everybody wears clogs and smokes pot all day:D
hahaha
well hope to meet all of you or at least some sometime soon!
Jyotike

Hello. I'm Link. I'm purchasing my first Ukulele tomorrow. I play bass and acoustic guitar, with some electric guitar thrown in. I wish for the Uke to become my primary instrument though. I expect to pick up on it fast, with my guitar experience. Wish me luck! Nice forums, btw.

Hi from San Jose, CA! I've been playing my lanikai ckc for a few months now and its so much fun! This is an awesome site. There is so much information out there! I want to start leaning how to fingerpick, but it seems so hard!

Cheers!

Hey everyone I'm Kaeo I've been playing the ukulele for about 2 years. My idol is Imua Garza thats all because I can't think of anything else haha lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom