uke help

itgoesbwaaah

Reaction score
not to familiar with the brands out there. only been playin for a short while. i learned on a leolani. wanna up grade now. i thinkin round 800-1000. can i get a decent one for that. id like a concert just for playability. the tenors strings are two far apart for me and the soprano i have the strings are to close. id like to go for a more bright/mellow sound so i need to know what wood to look for too. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

For that price range. Stick with kamaka, kanilea, koaloha and you can't go wrong. Do a search on any of them in the forum if you want alot more Info. There are alot of post about em here

good luck

not to familiar with the brands out there. only been playin for a short while. i learned on a leolani. wanna up grade now. i thinkin round 800-1000. can i get a decent one for that. id like a concert just for playability. the tenors strings are two far apart for me and the soprano i have the strings are to close. id like to go for a more bright/mellow sound so i need to know what wood to look for too. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

JB's Ukulele Hut
Agana Shopping Center
302 S. Route 4, Suite 104B
Hagatna, Guam, USA 96932
671-472-UKES
email: info@ukehutguam.com

The last time I checked, JB's is an authorized dealer for the 4 K's; Kamaka, Ko'olau, KoAloha and Kanile'a. Chances re good if the carry Ko'olau, they're gonna carry Pono also. Give them a call or visit them to check out waht's available.

Let me add this . . . take a ride there and play them or play whatever fancies you. Sound, playability and comfortability, you'll know what sounds and feels right. Who knows, you might come away with something else.

Last edited:
My money would go on a KoAloha concert. No contest.

That's koa, of course. Bright & mellow.

Ukantor.

Top Bottom