Mango Mainland - Quickie Review

That picture is a Mango? It looks more like Mahogany to me. :confused:

Yup. Surprised me as well, but you can tell it's mango from the inside. The stain on it is lighter than the Mainland Mahogany and a different shade than the red cedar. I'm going to take a family photo of my 4 Mainlands tonight so you can see the differences.

It's my favorite sounding Mainland out of the bunch - at least that's my initial reaction.

I'm just used to seeing spalted Mango with all the funky cool fungus lines running thru the wood. ;) Mahalo for the review, looking forward to the sound bite.

Yup. Surprised me as well, but you can tell it's mango from the inside. The stain on it is lighter than the Mainland Mahogany and a different shade than the red cedar. I'm going to take a family photo of my 4 Mainlands tonight so you can see the differences.

It's my favorite sounding Mainland out of the bunch - at least that's my initial reaction.

good idea about the family photo. if you can work Colin (aka, C-strang) and Lady Macbeth in there somehow, that would be sweet.

In his picture it appears to have a ribbon grain similar to the tops of many mahogany instruments I've seen; however, if you look at the pics on the Mainland page, I think you'll see the mango is a lot more orange than the mahogany.

Mango:
12547702965211285208045.jpeg

Mahogany:
1254783417846542641255.jpeg

Very nice score there. It looks fantastic man. Curious to hear some sound clips. Can you possibly make a side by side comparison with the other Mainlands? I want to see if I can hear the differences myself. Are they all strung up with the same strings and if so which ones do you prefer?

Top Bottom