YES! Its here! Lanikai LU-21T

BedroomUke

Reaction score
whats up everyone!

Finally got my first ukulele, and I cant put the thing down. I knew it was going to be addictive but this is ridiculous haha.:D

Chords are going smooth, just a bit more practice on chord changing, however, im finding strumming the hardest part. I seem to keep hitting the wood with my finger (above or under the strings), but i guess practicing will fix that.

Must admit after 8 years of playing bass, it was a bit of a weird moment when i held the ukulele, so small and the frets are so tiny, haha, but i love it.

I got a Lanikai Lu-21 tenor. First impressions are positive. Not that im a uke expert, but the action seems fine and i have zero buzz. It was delivered with Aquila nylgut strings, which were also a laugh after playing .110 gauge strings for 8 years, but they play nice. Luckily i already have hardened fingers so the strings felt really nice, and fretting is quite easy. Tuned it when i received it yesterday morning, and hasnt needed retuning since.

So anyways, here is a BIG big mahalo to you peeps at Ukulele underground. This is the first ukulele i've ever held in my hands, and the whole process from enjoying its sound up to me spending money and ordering one is THANKS TO YOU GUYS. :worship:

greetings from rainy Holland :shaka:

Thanks for sharing the good vibes from your uke experiences!

Welcome to UU and hope to hear and see more from you in the future!

Thanks for sharing the good vibes from your uke experiences!

Welcome to UU and hope to hear and see more from you in the future!

I'll get some vids up after practicing loads hehe, if i put any up anytime soon you'll all be begging me to send it back to where i got it from :)

whats up everyone!

Finally got my first ukulele, and I cant put the thing down. I knew it was going to be addictive but this is ridiculous haha.:D

Chords are going smooth, just a bit more practice on chord changing, however, im finding strumming the hardest part. I seem to keep hitting the wood with my finger (above or under the strings), but i guess practicing will fix that.

Must admit after 8 years of playing bass, it was a bit of a weird moment when i held the ukulele, so small and the frets are so tiny, haha, but i love it.

I got a Lanikai Lu-21 tenor. First impressions are positive. Not that im a uke expert, but the action seems fine and i have zero buzz. It was delivered with Aquila nylgut strings, which were also a laugh after playing .110 gauge strings for 8 years, but they play nice. Luckily i already have hardened fingers so the strings felt really nice, and fretting is quite easy. Tuned it when i received it yesterday morning, and hasnt needed retuning since.

So anyways, here is a BIG big mahalo to you peeps at Ukulele underground. This is the first ukulele i've ever held in my hands, and the whole process from enjoying its sound up to me spending money and ordering one is THANKS TO YOU GUYS. :worship:

greetings from rainy Holland :shaka:
Congrats! As we say here at UU, pics or it didn't happen :)

Good stuff! pics forsure

my Lanikai LU-21T soprano is 2 weeks old

I can't agree more about the addictive powers of my Lanikai LU-21 uku. I am shocked how much I enjoy this. It's so peaceful. After the kids are in bed I take my ukulele down to the basement and play. The day I received it in the mail I played for about 5 hours before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and fell asleep. I find myself spending lots of time surfing during the day for sheet music to different songs. Some are better than others.

I haven't played an instrument since I was in my teens (many years ago) so I don't have a lot of experience in music. The Ukulele is so easy.

That said. I am looking for the sheet music to an old folk style Blues song titles "Nowhere in a Hurry Blues". ?Has anyone heard of it and can you tell me where I might be able to find it. all help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom