alternate baritone stringing

RAZZLE

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but if you string the baritone with re-entrant and then use the g string from normal DGBE baritone strings,would that then make it a low g re-entrant baritone?
Razzle

Yes, if your baritone is tuned to re-entrant gcea, and you replaced the high G with a low G string - you have low G tuned uke, as a Tenor would be with a low G.

Once you put a low G on, it wouldn't be "re-entrant" anymore though :p
The definition of "re-entrant" is that the first string is tuned an octave higher than expected.

for it to be a low g,what string would you use?Do you use the low g from a tenor set or one from the baritone set.And if so which one?

Baritones make good long scale tenors. I have a set of light tension low G tenor Worth browns on a Giannini bari tuned a step down to A, so E, A, C#, F#, and it sounds pretty nice on that uke. Just to confuse you a little more. :D

Yes, if your baritone is tuned to re-entrant gcea, and you replaced the high G with a low G string - you have low G tuned uke, as a Tenor would be with a low G.

Once you put a low G on, it wouldn't be "re-entrant" anymore though :p
The definition of "re-entrant" is that the first string is tuned an octave higher than expected.

if my baritone is tuned EBDG, but I have a high E string, does that make it re-entrant?

Top Bottom