Interview with Mike DaSilva

GX9901

Reaction score
There's an online interview with Mike DaSilva of DaSilave Ukuleles. I don't think it's been posted here yet so here it is. I found it to be very interesting.

http://levinvideo.com/madebyhand/

Thanks for sharing, that was really cool. He really does put love into each piece he makes. Makes me want to invest into a da silva custom in a few years from now.

Wow, that was great. Thanks for posting that.

im not if it was this one, or a different one, but when i first met Mike, me and JP walked in when he was talkign about ukuleles. and they were filming him shape the neck and what not. it was nice. great find.

*edit* correction. this was the interview that me and JP came in on. they actually asked us a few questions with Mike.

Last edited:
I drool over those DaSilva Santo reproduction ukes. I'm kind of giving up on sopranos for now, but that Santo reproduction is definitely something I'd love to have one day.

Those of you who actually gets to visit Mike DaSilva's workshop are soooo lucky!

Wow, he really has a love for what he does, and it shows with the finished products! Great Video.:D

I drool over those DaSilva Santo reproduction ukes. I'm kind of giving up on sopranos for now, but that Santo reproduction is definitely something I'd love to have one day.

Those of you who actually gets to visit Mike DaSilva's workshop are soooo lucky!

I second all of that. I wish I lived near his shop! and that Santo reproduction uke sounds AMAZING!

also... that fish uke is super cool. If i had that, I'd be the happiest man alive.

dang I wish I knew about this guy before I did my podcast for class. I would've done it on him. xP

Top Bottom