Kala Solid Acacia Concert Uke

wallgazer

Reaction score
Just got a new Kala Solid Acacia Concert Uke and must say I am very impressed. Great sounding instrument with beautiful details. The Tenor model has been getting all the hype but the concert model is just as nice. Highly recommend!

John Wallgazer

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 353
Very nice. Congratulations. :D

Beautiful instrument! How would you describe the sound of a uke made of acacia? Does your uke come with friction tuners? Was the type of tuner at all a consideration for you? (I'm deciding between the acacia concert uke and the solid mahogany concert uke, and I'm leaning toward the mahogany one mostly because it has geared tuners.)

The acacia concert uke has similar geared tuners to the mahogany models. :)

The acacia soprano has friction tuners, and the tenor has backward-pointing geared tuners in a slotted headstock. :)

The acacia concert uke has similar geared tuners to the mahogany models. :)

The acacia soprano has friction tuners, and the tenor has backward-pointing geared tuners in a slotted headstock. :)

ChrisFarley.jpg

that is correct

That concert is amazing... I have the tenor version and love it

I have been planning on getting a Mainland Mahogany Concert but I am now considering an Acacia Concert. Anybody out there have both and able to provide a comparison. I love my Mainland Soprano but I have read so many good things about these Acacias that I'm considering switching things up.

Thoughts? :anyone:

Beautiful uke. I've ordered the soprano version, but it's still on the high seas - can't wait!

John Colter.

I've got this ukulele sitting waiting for me in California, thanks to MGM. We've never met, but I do miss my ukulele. My first internet romance.........

i don't mean to be digging up old threads.. but, guess what! i'm getting the kala acacia concert uke! then i'll be installing the mi-si acoustic trio pickup in it, then i might carve around the sound hole and do something creative with the head stock..? tell me what you guys think i should do.. i plan on customizing it a lil' bit so it stands out just a tad bit.

I know this is digging up a 6 month old thread but since I've had my Kala Acacia Concert for a few weeks now I am curious how others are enjoying theirs. Still loving it? Mine sounds surprisingly good played fingerstyle.

Top Bottom