Ohhhh I miss my ukulele...

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I feel sick to my stomach. I dropped off my beloved Kamaka today to get the MiSi pickup installed. They said I might get it back today but it might not be ready for a few days. I feel as rotten as when I have had to leave my cat at the vet overnight.

I miss it.... :(

I feel sick to my stomach. I dropped off my beloved Kamaka today to get the MiSi pickup installed. They said I might get it back today but it might not be ready for a few days. I feel as rotten as when I have had to leave my cat at the vet overnight.

I miss it.... :(

Don't be sad! Just use this time to get some quality playing into your other ukes!

I would feel that way as well i would favor the kamaka over the others you own. You will be happy once you hear it threw the amp its worth the wait.

Last edited:
Wow... this must be worse than waiting for a uke to arrive in the mail.

I've been tracking it online over a hundred times during the week to see where its at.
And its status only changed like twice or thrice.
I even called them when the status didn't change for a few days (which was over-paranoid of me >_<)

It's in customs now >_< Hope it comes by Monday.

Congrads on getting the pickup installed though!

It's things like this that cause me to own multiple Uke's. That way, if I need to repair one, install a pick-up, etc., I can jam on another one.

After you get it back, you should post up a vid! Let us/Show us how it sounds.

How much is the install going to cost?

It will be $75 for the install. I called last night and they should I should be able to pick it up today. Totally worth driving 70 miles round trip to get Pele back.

Thanks for the kind words and yep, I did play the Kanile'a and the little soprano last night. Funny, I always wondered whether I loved my Kamaka or Kanile'a more, and I think this longing makes me believe the Kamaka is my favorite, or maybe that is just because it is the one I have been without.

Of course, I don't actually have an amp yet. I'm debating between a Roland or a Vox right now. Funds are a little low since I've got the install, and the money for the MiSi going out at the moment.

It may not sound great, but I saw this online, and how fun would this be for an amp?
2252101998_4245609f9a.jpg

http://www.finkbuilt.com/blog/cuckoo-for-cocopunk/

Last edited:
Top Bottom