Electric Ukulele options?

PeformanceUke

Reaction score
Aloha,

I am looking to get a electric ukulele, to play heavy distortion and to add soundfx also if possible a wameebar.. What type of electric ukuleles are out there in the market now?

I heard of eleuke. Are there any other good brands that perform well for my type of applications?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mahalos.

Last edited:
ukulele.de carries risa ukes that are solid body electric and i am sure that you could use distortion with those

ukulele.de carries risa ukes that are solid body electric and i am sure that you could use distortion with those

And this fall they should release Les Paul electric model with custom transducer developed in cooperation with fishmann. This would be a very very nice electric ukulele. I can't wait the moment when they will be avaiable.
You can find info about the les paul model on ukulele.de website forum.

I too recommend Risa electric ukuleles.

They have several models with nylon strings/piezo pickups.

But since you're looking to use heavy distortion - their steel string ones with magnetic pickups (just like electric guitar!) sound more appropriate!

Goto ukulele.de, and find their electric ukes in the Soprano/Concert/Tenor categories.
Their nylon electrics come in all 3 sizes. I think their steel string electrics come in Soprano and Tenor.

And as others have stated, they're currently buidling a new Les Paul electric uke with a humbucker! Email RISA's boss (Rigk) about it :D

I'm very happy with my Risa electric ^^

Stagg has an electric ukuele that came out recently. I strummed around on one a feww weeks ago but don't really have anything electric to compare it to.

Pete Howlett makes an electric uke as well. Check out his website for more info.

Last edited:
Jupiter Creek makes some cool steel string electric ukes. Theres one on the marketplace. Also eleukes are cool.

Top Bottom