Lahaina ukulele company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagster

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this brand of ukulele? Ran across one for sale recently but I haven't been able to find much info on them.

Attachments

• LAHAINA.jpg
    LAHAINA.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 62
I would personally stay away from any ukulele made over seas in a third world country stick to ukuleles made in the good old USA.

I would personally stay away from any ukulele made over seas in a third world country stick to ukuleles made in the good old USA.

If I run across any ukes made in a 3rd-world country I will be sure to keep them away from you. :cool:

While digging around, I found out that the Lahaina Ukulele Company is no longer in business. It is now called the KALA Ukulele Company!

Didn't see that one coming....

dont know nothing about it honestly, but there's nothing wrong with good imports...as long as its a good import.

reputation for quality control is paramount.

When the US decides to abide by the principles of basic mercantilism instead feeding a world economy, then we can talk "buy American". IE..when the gov't leads by example in supporting the nation it governs, I will follow suit.

While I do love American made Guitars/Ukuleles/Basses, there is definitely no reason to stay away from high-quality instruments made overseas. Their quality has been improving steadily, and the gap between imports and USA instruments is shrinking. Many members of these forums, myself included, very much enjoy our imported instruments.

(Edit: Ehh, actually I don't want to start a fight. I'll delete this part.)

Now, unfortunately, I have no experience with Lahaina ukes. The most important thing is that you play it, and if it feels good and sounds good, and the price is right, then go for it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The thing i don't like about overseas ukuleles in third world countries are the vibe and state of spirit of the person making the ukulele.

For instance china taiwan etc have kids/ people etc in hash conditions assembling for pennies they aren't happy when there making ukuleles they live similar to slaves.

I would rather support a ukulele made with pride and aloha our made in the good old USA. I want the good vibes.

Just my thoughts. Please don't hate on me.

Last edited:
The thing i don't like about overseas ukuleles in third world countries are the vibe and state of spirit of the person making the ukulele.

For instance china taiwan etc have kids/ people etc in hash conditions assembling for pennies they aren't happy when there making ukuleles they live similar to slaves.

I would rather support a ukulele made with pride and aloha our made in the good old USA. I want the good vibes.

You don't know this though. Have you gone to every factory and witnessed it? C'mon, that is a completely unreasonable claim.

If you are someone on a budget wanting to learn how to play the uke than an import is a wonderful option. Not everyone can afford a handmade instrument.

Dont' hate on you?
That's a curious statement for someone who has made two racial stereo-type comments in the past hour.

AMEN to Wagster. From what I gather when Mike Upton left Lanikai 'Ukuleles and started his own company he called it Lahaina. The Lanikai folks thought Lahaina sounded too close so they went to court and had Mike Upton stop using that name. Mike changed it to KALA, and the rest is history. You buy a Lahaina you're buying a Kala. ;)

Dont' hate on you?
That's a curious statement for someone who has made two racial stereo-type comments in the past hour.

What are you talking about? I have not made any racial comments. Please elaborate. If your regarding my last post of people not having aloha it has nothing do with being racial. Its odd that you keep targeting me and beliefs isn't this a forum to share your opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom