I'm Singing in the Rain...

Pippin

Reaction score
While all of this bickering pops up from time-to-time, I just shrug, ignore it, and play ukulele.

The ukulele is a wonderful instrument. It even sounds cheerful "oo-koo-ley-ley" or "you-coo-lay-lee" if you prefer. Ah, but play it and you hear that sweet, soft voice. Now, smile, sing, and have a great time.

So, what's your favorite happy song?

I'll start with my own tune, "Blue Waters" about kicking back and sailing in the tropics.

While all of this bickering pops up from time-to-time, I just shrug, ignore it, and play ukulele.

The ukulele is a wonderful instrument. It even sounds cheerful "oo-koo-ley-ley" or "you-coo-lay-lee" if you prefer. Ah, but play it and you hear that sweet, soft voice. Now, smile, sing, and have a great time.

So, what's your favorite happy song?

I'll start with my own tune, "Blue Waters" about kicking back and sailing in the tropics.

What a cool thread! The uke really is a special instrument. I know it has changed my life. Mainly because you can't hear one and frown!!

Favorite happy song? This may be cliche, but it'll have to be Bruddah Iz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Whenever I hear the song I get into a good mood. It is like magic. ;)

I'll have to thin

Great Thread! One of my favorite happy tunes is the Irving Berlin classic 'Blue Skies' I was just learning this when I took a break and saw your post.

My current happy song is "Jammin" by Bob Marley. Just the words, the way the chords sound....makes me happy to play and sing it.

Thanks for starting this thread, the uke is all about feeling good for me!

"Second Star to the Right"

I like the lyrics (simple, upbeat, hopeful, innocent) and it's got a number of 7th and minor chords that shout "Classic Ukulele" to me.

The four I find myself playing most often:
1) Second Star to the Right
2) Pennies from Heaven
3) Over the Rainbow
4) It's Only a Paper Moon

What can I say, I like E7 and Dm7. :)

Great Thread! One of my favorite happy tunes is the Irving Berlin classic 'Blue Skies' I was just learning this when I took a break and saw your post.

Are you learning it from tab or chords or a cobination?

wagon wheel...old crow medicine show

For me it is:
On the sunny side of the street

Blue Roses Falling, by Jake... By far the best!

The song I ALWAYS play to make myself happy is "Daft Punk - One More Time"

...But I can't play that on the Uke, haha. BUT when I play "Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning", it makes not just me, but everybody around me happy...so there you have it.

"Henehene Kou 'Aka" with my grandkids singing along, even the way I butcher it makes me happy!

I'm Yours - Jason Mraz... It's soothing to play, and the line "I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror, bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer..." makes me laugh - I love the mental image it conjures...

The song I ALWAYS play to make myself happy is "Daft Punk - One More Time"

...But I can't play that on the Uke, haha. [...]

Great track! :D

'I'm Yours' is great too, but I prefer Jake & Toca's live version to my attempts...

I think my favourite is 'Rosie', an old song from the 1960s by a geezer called Don Partridge. He used to perform as a one man band. If you don't know it check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxV-TIn2Kqo

I nagged my band until it went into our set! Works great on ukulele. :D

Happy Go Lucky Me or Someday by buddy holly

speaking of pennies from heaven I've got a pretty funny version of it I do where I pretend to say the word "pennies" with an increasing strange accent until it turns into a dirty word at the end and then I used a synonym for it in the last verse, really makes me crack up

every new day by five iron frenzy, now if only i could play it!

Cliff

p.s. its not a ukulele song. shame

Top Bottom