What bass do you play?

dannyboy

Reaction score
So im a bass player myself for 2 years and im wondering what bass and equipment you guys are rockin with. For myself im runnin on:
Squier P Bass with Seymour Duncan Passive pickups
D'aadario strings (trying to save up for elixers)
Behringer 45 watt combo amp
10ft. Planet wave and 21 ft monster cable, both straight and angled.

bass stuff

hey...bass and uke, yeah!
i am a bass player of around 20 years and have recently gotten the uke bug.

not a bad set up you have there. you should def get yourself a fender p or j bass. the funk machines...and you'll need more than 45 watts if you want to jam with a full band. i have an Ashdown 500. killer amp with tube preamp and solid state power amp. i like the Eden stuff too. nice warm funky sound.

have fun jammin'!!...remember, it's all about the groove!

yea me and a couple guys get together once in a while to jam. i use my friends fender rumble 60 watt combo. and for my bass, im planning on changing the bridge to a baddass2, and i wanna see if i can switch necks to a geddy lee jazz neck :D

i have several basses, but my main bass nowadays is a fender zone. (p-bass replacement). I use round wound strings. 45-100 i believe. this bass is awesome, i highly recommend it for funk and slap.. the tone is unbelievable, i had to tweak the action a bit and replace the pickup, but after that, it became such a solid sounding bass. up there with the american jazz imo.

i'm still waiting for a '72 fender jazz vintage to fall into my lap... but alas, i'm still waiting. hehe

Edit: you can hear the bass i use on aldrines video 'if i aint got you'. Better if you have speakers that can push bass though. Then you can hear the true tone.

Last edited:
I play an Ibanez SR300DX Soundgear in jewel blue.

I wouldn't call myself a bass player, but I had my friend's Fender P-Bass with flatwounds for a while. Nice fat round tone.

My friend just got a Lakland Decade. It is hands down the coolest bass I have gotten to play.

His Zon was pretty sweet too, but he sold it.

I got a setup that goes beyond my talent, lol.

MusicMan Stingray 4 in Honeyburst with Clear pickguard, maple fretboard
Ernie Ball Strings 95-45
18' Monster Cables
SansAmp RBI Pre-Amp
QSC PLX-3002 Power Amp
Aguilar GS-112
Crate BT-25 Combo

I need a different pre because it's too bright for the SR's already bright tone. I end up cutting a bunch of highs where I shouldn't.

As for the Crate, I wish I had found it sooner. This little bugger is deceptively loud and has a built-in tuner, octaver, and fuzz/distortion. It's amazing for the price you pay.

It's a Swift make fretless bass (I know, I'd never heard of Swift either), and I also play upright (double) bass. I'm trying to get my hands on a fretted bass so that I can learn to tap.

A Univox Professional Bass.

...it's a rip-off of a P Fender.
It also sucks. Bought it off my history teacher, it's about 20-30 years old.
I need money so I can buy a half-decent bass.

AXES:
Rouge SX100b (retired)
SX SPJ* upgraded EMG P Bass Pickup and Upgraded Seymour Duncan basslines J pickup
Hamer Slammer P-Bass

AMP:
Beheringer BX1200
Direct box(i cant remember the brand)

Effects
Zoom BFX - 708 (just to goof around with)

One of these days i will buy good quality instruments...

(V)@

PIC-0045.jpg

PIC-0046.jpg

I play an Ibanez something. This one is special tho. I went to an Earth, Wind, and Fire concert and before the concert, i took the neck and strings off and brought the body with me in hopes to get an autograph. this was my second attempt cuz i brought it to the concert a year before. well after the concert, you can pay $30 to get a cd and a meet and greet at the end. They said absolutley NO AUTOGRAPHS. I went in line anyway hoping that i could get an autograph. i walked thru, shook their hands, asked Verdine White for the autograph and told me to wait until the line was finished. I was so juiced that i was speechless. i was the only one in that whole line to get an autograph. one of my prized possessions. if you look at the "2" its kinda scratched off because i thump and pluck sometimes. i changed the strings to flatwounds...not made for thumping or plucking. so thats the story of my bass.

I have 2.

My trusty and cheap Ibanez BTB07LTD which I play through an Ashdown Perfect Ten amp with Ashdown effect pedals (lomozo Hyperdrive and an Envelope)

And my Tanglewood Bass TW55 A/Bass B (also goes through the amp)

I just fitted the Ibanez with a Hipshot drop D tuner and the Tanglewood just got new flatwounds

Attachments

• basstanglewood.jpg
    basstanglewood.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bassbtb07.jpg
    bassbtb07.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom