inlay stickers

geoffsuke

Reaction score
i've been thinking about personalising my uke a bit with some stickers. maybe getting some fret markers or just a colourful sticker. has anyone got any examples??

i've been thinking about personalising my uke a bit with some stickers. maybe getting some fret markers or just a colourful sticker. has anyone got any examples??

You can use scratch on type stickers and you need to somehow protect them. You can use clear finish type of spray depends on the type of finish you already have now. Also you could also use a clear pickguard adhesive sheet to cover the scratch on stickers.

For fret markers you need to counter sink the inlay and press and glue it in, if done any other way i can see it comming off from finger wear. Maybe top fret markers can be done another since there not as touched.

whoa those are sick! would they work on a uke though? I was thinking about getting the tree of life one

Last edited:
whoa those are sick! would they work on a uke though? I was thinking about getting the tree of life one

I emailed them a few weeks ago. They said they're making tree of life inlays for the ukulele, but currently don't have any that fit. Other stickers should be fine, though, since they're not cut for a certain size/scale length.

the tree of life is actually kind of tempting. I'm kitschy i know, but does anyone have any experience with these or the fret markers rubbing off with time?

I emailed them a few weeks ago. They said they're making tree of life inlays for the ukulele, but currently don't have any that fit. Other stickers should be fine, though, since they're not cut for a certain size/scale length.
I can't wait till they come out.

If only they made really, really tiny ones for side dots.

That sounds like it'd come off easily and be tricky to apply. Depending on how expensive your uke is, you may just want to try silver or black sharpie depending on the color of the binding/fretboard. It works great. I've done it to two of my ukes. And when they start rubbing off, just reapply. :D

I got one of those Jockomo inlay stickers on my Gypsy Rose since it's a fairly big headstock and blank othewise:

DSC_8055.jpg

DSC_8052.jpg

If only they made really, really tiny ones for side dots.

That sounds like it'd come off easily and be tricky to apply. Depending on how expensive your uke is, you may just want to try silver or black sharpie depending on the color of the binding/fretboard. It works great. I've done it to two of my ukes. And when they start rubbing off, just reapply. :D
Another thing that works great for side dots is Liquid Paper/Wite-Out. I've used that on guitars for years. Non-permanent (you can just scratch it off with a fingernail and it doesn't harm the finish, although YMMV) but it seems to last a long, long time. :)

I'd rather not take a marker or white-out to a KoAloha. :eek: But I did use some tiny dots of paint on my Flea, with good results.

Top Bottom