Softest strings

Ko'olau Golds are pretty comfortable, for me. But they sound as soft as they feel. Martin's fluorocarbons are a little louder and still feel nice.

The KoAloha fluorocarbons that came with my tenor (they're not Worth Clears!) are a joy to play.

Well Aquilas after a week of playing feel pretty good. Right out of the box, GHS strings are probably the softest.

I recently tried Black Diamonds, they're nylon, not quite as heavy as the Koolau Gold, and not as light as the GHS. Pretty soft to play and sound is a little jazzy, but sort of traditional too. I put them on a uke where the Koohlau Golds put too much tension on it, and it sounds just right with the BD's.

Plus, they're long enough so if you play soprano, you can cut them in half and get two sets out of one.

Elderly has them.

Ko'olau Golds are pretty comfortable, for me. But they sound as soft as they feel.

:agree: I bought some for my Kelii soprano and wooo, sure are pleasant to my fingers. They give a real soft sound to your Uke (I ended up giving that Uke to my cous' though - he loves the strings, not just the sound but the look as well)

I'm not currently using them (I'm doing Savarez Alliance classical guitar strings right now) but I always thought the D'addarios and the Aquilas were the easiest on my fingers.

The D'Addarios from the UU store are probably not the "softest", but I think comfort comes from both the tension and how thick the strings are. With thinner strings, it feels more difficult to press for me, probably because pressure is spread out over less surface area. Since the D'Addarios are thick and not too hard, they are probably one of the most comfortable strings I've tried. Worth clears and Hilo strings come in second. But ultimately, anything is more comfortable than the D/G/E strings of a steel-string guitar.

all this talk about worth clears make me want to get some..

Top Bottom