Looking to buy a new Ukulele

Spider-Uke501

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a new ukulele because I'm sick of playing a soprano and I want something I can plug in to an amp and play. Can anyone recommend a good acoustic/electric uke? I'm not too concerned about price, I just want something that plays and sounds great.

well if your not concerned with the price check out a "k" brand ukulele, i think they come with pickups, not sure though(can't afford one:(), if you want something less expensive check out a mainland with a mi-si pickup, it'll sound great acoustically and electrically, hope this helps and welcome to UU :)

Pickups are an option on the "K" ukuleles. Base prices start at about $900 -$1000 and I would fair to guess another $150-200 depending on the type used. You could look at Pono, Honu and Mele. These are made overseas and finished locally. Check the stickies (Luthier listings) in the Ukulele Building/Luthiers Lounge forum.

Options to consider would be the mid-range instruments by Kala, Mainland and Ohana. A good place to start would be MGM.

Top Bottom