UU Solo DVD

First off, I'm not a musician and the ukulele is the only instrument I have tried to play. The DVD is as stated, a guide for intermediate and above players who want to be able to improvise. A little background in music theory would be useful but not required. Fortunately for me my kids are musicians and could explain a few things I did not know. The DVD starts with some techniques similar to what you get with Uke minutes. Then teaches some cord progressions in the keys of C, G, and A and appropriate notes to pick to make up your own melodies. As an advanced beginner I think the DVD is worth the price. A more experienced player might get even more out of it. In summary, it is a set of guidelines that lets you play for an expended period of time making up the notes as you go. If you want to be able to sit on the front porch and play for a while without any particular song in mind this is the DVD for you.

I was wondering too, does it really gives good stuff on how to improvise or is it just scales & chord progression ?
A "Trailer" would be cool ^^

Top Bottom