Good Beginner's Song?

UkeMan09

Reaction score
Hey guys, you have been a great help so far, and I have yet another request :iwant:. Can anyone tell me some good beginner songs to play, and I mean like real songs, not "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" or something like that. I have already learned "5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YCSJpF4g4). I want to play a lot of songs but when I go to learn them, I discover they're too hard for me to learn. Thanks guys.

-UM :shaka:

I like rock, classic rock, alternative, etc.. I would accept pretty much any song. A traditional Hawaiian song would be kinda cool. I just need a few songs that will help me improve and are fun to play.

The Beatles' songs have been good for me to learn. Only 3 or 4 chords mostly, usually the easier chords at that, and they're songs that I know, so it's easier to play knowing what it's meant to sound like.

Also: www.chordie.com is a great site for tabs - you can search by artist or song, and each tabbed song is given a difficulty rating. They usually display as guitar tabs by default, but on the right-hand side of the page is a drop-down list that lets you select Ukulele and which tuning you're playing with, and changes the tabs accordingly. It also has an option for transposing the tabs into another key. If you register, you can add the songs you like to an online "songbook". I've found it really useful.

Hope that's some use!

I like rock, classic rock, alternative, etc.. I would accept pretty much any song. A traditional Hawaiian song would be kinda cool. I just need a few songs that will help me improve and are fun to play.

drop, baby, drop is terribly fun. even better if you sing.

Precisely what is it that is difficult when you attempt to learn a song?

Are you trying to play by ear and have difficulty figuring out the chords?

Are you trying to emulate someone's strumming rhythm?

doctoruke.com has a nice selection with MP3s, however, some of his chording, while beautiful, uses more unfamiliar chords.

Please feel free to check out my online files:

http://www.4shared.com/file/118551361/3f51aa45/Back_in_the_Saddle_Again.html

click on my "email" address next to my profile pic to access the MP3s, song files, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom