Tangi Manini Sopranino - Collectors Item

soccerward

Reaction score

42152-10.jpg

This is a Tangi Manini sopranino purchased from MGM earlier this year. Tangi has gone out of business and no longer makes these, very hard to find. MGM only had a couple of these left that already had blemishes on them. There are several small line surface blemishes on the front and a few on the back. I have taken photos of said areas and also have recorded a video here: http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz131/soccerward/?action=view&current=test.flv Besides the blemishes above, this ukulele plays great as shown in video. It includes a leather vinyl soft case. I am asking $100 shipped to lower 48(I am covering the paypal fee + shipping hit, around $20). PM me with any questions. Mahalo

PS: Check my listing here for higher resolution pictures:
http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 27
Nice looking and a really good price.

Did you buy it John?

Trying to convince wife that I need it. Hopefully a massage will muddle her thinking?????:)
I really don't need it but I have been wanting a mahghany ukulele and I think the sopranino size will be good for younger students to handle.

Great deal here...I hope someone has snagged it up. :drool:

I own one of these. Bought it off Tangi personally. I would never let it go. This little guy packs quite a punch. My wife actually told me to buy lt. Can't go wrong here. This is the ultimate portable uke.

From what I gathered from talking to Tangi at his shop back in April 'ukulele production stopped in November of 2008 and he has been selling his inventory since. I bought his last Gecko sopranino back then but he had a few Maninis left though i'm pretty certain he has sold out on the Maninis by now. His retail shop has been open on Beretania Street since early this year so he is still in the business of selling his 'ukuleles but no longer in the business of manufacturing 'ukuleles from what I gather though it would be nice to hear a local business getting back on it's feet.

From what I gathered from talking to Tangi at his shop back in April 'ukulele production stopped in November of 2008 and he has been selling his inventory since. I bought his last Gecko sopranino back then but he had a few Maninis left though i'm pretty certain he has sold out on the Maninis by now. His retail shop has been open on Beretania Street since early this year so he is still in the business of selling his 'ukuleles but no longer in the business of manufacturing 'ukuleles from what I gather though it would be nice to hear a local business getting back on it's feet.

When you're done with that Gecko, let me know. :rolleyes: I mean, after all, it's not a pineapple!

Funds pending, sorry for the delayed response.

That's great news that he is starting up again Deach, I was not aware.

Top Bottom