I went busking! Check out this picture!

beeejums

Reaction score
I only played for about 45 minutes before I was sidetracked before more pressing matters... and in that time I earned about $7.60, but I made a lot of people smile and I had fun.

A guy from the local paper took this:

picture.php

FUN!

I always figured that if I had to, maybe I could do that and eke out a living but that's a big "maybe"...anyway, you're cool for doing that. And then I noticed that you are from Berkely Springs, WV. West Virginia is one of the nicest states in the union, there is so much beautiful scenery and well, it's "Wild, Wild, West Virginia"...Love it there...:D

Very cool.

I sometimes ride my motorcycle through Berkeley Springs; if you ever have a get-together and I get to the point where I own a Flea, I'd love to ride out and join you.

--Mark

I don't have the repetoire (sp?) yet to go busking with my uke. But I did do some busking once....accidentally.

My juggling buddy and I went down to the lake one evening to practice passing clubs. It was quite warm out, and I took my hat off and threw it down next to my prop bag. You guessed it....some folks threw some change in the hat!

We made enough to each have a soda....no sharing....we each got our own!

Looks fun, but it would be unlawful here. No public performance without a permit.

Very cool.

I sometimes ride my motorcycle through Berkeley Springs; if you ever have a get-together and I get to the point where I own a Flea, I'd love to ride out and join you.

--Mark

Definitely! Also, I have another uke you could use next time you pass through. PM me!

OR, we could get a DC area jam set up! I know Deach is out that way, and I think there's someone on this board from Frederick... so that's four of us.

That is so freaking awesome... I am jealous and want to do that so bad... when I get my Fluke it will be done!

Just go with the uke you have! I just used my Flea 'cause it's loud and I have a hard case for it. I was afraid if I didn't have the traditional open case, nobody would give me any money.

You won't regret it!

Just go with the uke you have! I just used my Flea 'cause it's loud and I have a hard case for it. I was afraid if I didn't have the traditional open case, nobody would give me any money.

You won't regret it!

My current uke can't be heard one floor up in a quiet house and my Uklectic is going to be too precious for me to take out right away (also I need a case for it before it even leaves my front door!) :-(

So once I get the Fluke it will go out for a run or two... dozen...

But did anyone give you any apple butter!?!? :drool:

My mother in law tries to keep us in supply, but there's an awful lot she doesn't know about mailing apple butter (and pumpkin butter) from West Virginia. :(

Wow, Berkley Springs...keep at it; somebody'll probably stroll up and sit in with you before long!

Top Bottom