Ukulele Tuner

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before... I searched for it but I can't find it...

http://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele_tuner.php

It's really cool, it also allows for alternative tunings, or to test the tuning accuracy of your notes up the neck!

I use the clip-on type chromatic tuners too. have too, i don't trust my ears.

I've tried doing it by ear using sites like the one in the above link. I've tried other sound methods too, like tone generators, tuning forks, a electric keyboard, my own professionally tuned piano, aldrine's tuning video... but even when i think i got it right on the individual strings, when i start playing i can sense that something is off... just a general feeling tho... a chromatic tuner will verify my feeling. it's sad really. i've got buddies that must have perfect pitch and can pretty much tune each string by ear without any thing as reference... me, jealous.

the clip on chromatic ones are a godsend for me... and i've got all types... some are better than others. the one they sell here at the UU store is one of the better ones in terms of functionality (has a mic too) and quality... it's a little on the big side tho. you might not want to keep it clipped to a small light soprano or even smaller fractional sized uke.

The main reason I posted this is for those that don't have a tuner, but I totally understand not trusting your ears :)

Clip ons are GREAT. Ukes go out of tune pretty easily and with a clip on, you can retune in seconds, no matter where you are. With an online tuner, you gotta be at your computer. Plus, if you're playing in a noisy place eg at a gig,party or session, you can't always hear well enough to tune by ear. With a clip on, that problem goes away. Save your pocket change and get one.

I bought the one from the UU store also. I like that it's easy to see in dimly-lit places, among its other good points. When it's red, you're still not in tune; when it goes green, your string is in tune. Love that feature!

CountryMouse

I use this online one all the time!

Top Bottom