KoAloha for life

haolejohn

Reaction score
OK. I visited KoAloha factory back on July 6th of this year. While there Papa KoAloha let me play and take pictures of the as of then unveiled jukelele. I knew that I wanted a Pineapple Sunday and a Sceptre but they had neither one in stock. Here is some pictures of this day. I knew I took some but had no idea where they went until today. Papa KoAloha blessed me with a concert ukulele and the rest is history. Since my integrity has been questioned for failing to produce evidence (pictures) I am now doing that to clear my good name.

Attachments

• 100_1842.jpg
    100_1842.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_1843.jpg
    100_1843.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_1869.jpg
    100_1869.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_1871.jpg
    100_1871.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_1867.jpg
    100_1867.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for sharing the pics John. Only 16 more days till I head to the islands, the wait is torture.

i neeeeed to go there...i am jealous of everyone who mentions theyve been on this tour!

Going to spend 7 days on Molokai and 5 on O'ahu. Never been to Molokai so it should be an adventure.

dude, when you go to molokai, you GOTTA try the hot bread. Kanemitsu bakery, i believe they start baking at 9:30 or 10 pm. go then, while its super fresh. i reccomend the blueberry/cream cheese combo. youll die of sheer flavor

You will love Moloka'i. It's my favorite neighbor island. The people are the friendliest you'll ever meet and the island is full of culture. I imagine it's what Honolulu was like, when my grand parents were growing up. Still country and people still had old time values. Not to say that the people here on Oahu don't have any aloha, but we've become as modernized as any other big city.

There's a lot of out door activities you can do... or do nothing at all. Just cruise on the beach with a pack of beers and stay until the sun goes down.

In addition to the hot bread at Kanemitsu's, go to Paddler's Inn for good breakfast. That's our usual hang out, when we go each year.

Going to spend 7 days on Molokai and 5 on O'ahu. Never been to Molokai so it should be an adventure.

There's an International Lacrosse Tourny at Kapiolani Park sometime during the last (or second to the last) weekend of Oct. My boys might be traveling there from Seattle, as they have the last 2 years. It's a great time for college players to play with other international players and with or against some of the Major League Lacrosse Pros!

Of course, you've got to see the factory tours. I've only been to Kanile'a in Kaneohe.

Might I also suggest the East side (closest to Pearl Harbor) of the Aloha Stadium Swapmeet, esp Sunday (generally the biggest and busiest day).

There should be a "tent" with ukuleles of generally good to custom grade.
It's where I played the Kala Soprano Travel Uke, among others. I also bought my case for the 6-string Island Ukulele Concert I picked up my last trip.

Have a great time. And if you're not used to the sun, be sure to put on sun block protection.

Please know that soooo many of us are really envious of you! ;)

dude, when you go to molokai, you GOTTA try the hot bread. Kanemitsu bakery, i believe they start baking at 9:30 or 10 pm. go then, while its super fresh. i reccomend the blueberry/cream cheese combo. youll die of sheer flavor

You will love Moloka'i. It's my favorite neighbor island. The people are the friendliest you'll ever meet and the island is full of culture. I imagine it's what Honolulu was like, when my grand parents were growing up. Still country and people still had old time values. Not to say that the people here on Oahu don't have any aloha, but we've become as modernized as any other big city.

There's a lot of out door activities you can do... or do nothing at all. Just cruise on the beach with a pack of beers and stay until the sun goes down.

In addition to the hot bread at Kanemitsu's, go to Paddler's Inn for good breakfast. That's our usual hang out, when we go each year.

Thanks for the great tips, I just added them to my list I have been making. The reason for going to Moloka'i is to get the feel for what Hawai'i was like in the past. I look forward to meeting you both when I come by the factory.

Yes I'm a KoAloha for life person considering I already own a Concert, PS, Sceptre Concert and a KoAlana Soprano (my first 'ukulele). More KoAloha's to come.

There's an International Lacrosse Tourny at Kapiolani Park sometime during the last (or second to the last) weekend of Oct. My boys might be traveling there from Seattle, as they have the last 2 years. It's a great time for college players to play with other international players and with or against some of the Major League Lacrosse Pros!

Of course, you've got to see the factory tours. I've only been to Kanile'a in Kaneohe.

Might I also suggest the East side (closest to Pearl Harbor) of the Aloha Stadium Swapmeet, esp Sunday (generally the biggest and busiest day).

There should be a "tent" with ukuleles of generally good to custom grade.
It's where I played the Kala Soprano Travel Uke, among others. I also bought my case for the 6-string Island Ukulele Concert I picked up my last trip.

Have a great time. And if you're not used to the sun, be sure to put on sun block protection.

Please know that soooo many of us are really envious of you! ;)

Thanks for the tips Uncle Rod. I have accually stopped by the 'ukulele tent at the flea market before, the guy was very nice but the problem was that he was trying to sell ukes to tourists at an outrageous price.

I usually spend time on the islands twice a year, May and Nov. mostly BI.

I don't think any visitor has ever spent 7 days on Moloka'i! You'll certainly get a good feel for it during that time. I lived on Moloka'i for 10 years before moving to Big island. Make sure you spend plenty of time on the east end. Don't miss Halawa Valley. The trip to the Damien colony is also very worth while. Papohaku or Make Horse for the best white sand beach. Have a ball and don't run any red lights. Oh wait, no more lights!

I don't think any visitor has ever spent 7 days on Moloka'i! You'll certainly get a good feel for it during that time. I lived on Moloka'i for 10 years before moving to Big island. Make sure you spend plenty of time on the east end. Don't miss Halawa Valley. The trip to the Damien colony is also very worth while. Papohaku or Make Horse for the best white sand beach. Have a ball and don't run any red lights. Oh wait, no more lights!

Thanks for the tip Chuck, we will be staying in the Pukoo area hope thats a good spot.

For the wife and me 7 days will probably not be enough.

If you like light tackle fishing check out Captain Clay:
http://www.hallelujahhoufishing.com/

Don't forget to try, and also take home some excellent Moloka'i Coffee:
http://www.molokaicoffee.com/cart/shopcore/?db_name=molokai

Moloka'i my favorite island but two of my favorite landmarks (Pau Hana Inn, and Midnight Inn) no longer in business. Drive out to the east end of Moloka'i to Halawa and go back in time 200 years.

Thanks Ahnko. I will defiantly get the coffee and go to Halawa.

Thanks for the tip Chuck, we will be staying in the Pukoo area hope thats a good spot.

For the wife and me 7 days will probably not be enough.
If it's Puko'o you'll probably be staying at a private house, maybe Wavecrest. That's the prettiest side of the island. I lived at the mouth of the Wailua River, just a few miles north of where you'll be staying. That area is known for it's ancient rock fish ponds. You'll also be near the Mapulehu mango grove. Awesome.

Top Bottom