Pros are picking up the uke (again)!

CountryMouse

Reaction score
Even if it's not their main instrument, here are a couple folks that are uking! :music:

Amanda Palmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKltlk8A6Lk

And this tweet came through on Twitter yesterday!!

@joancbaez In a return to my youth, bought flaming red ukelele and can recall 3 chords. Latest composition Coconuts (c. 1991) might be in setlist

I am so jazzed--Joan Baez has been my idol forever!

CountryMouse

Country Mouse, Joan Baez is on American Masters tonight on PBS. (Oct 14) But you probably already knew that. :)

Somebody convince Amanda Palmer to get something better than a Hilo.

Country Mouse, Joan Baez is on American Masters tonight on PBS. (Oct 14) But you probably already knew that. :)

Yes, I do know. I'm going to buy the DVD/CD set. :) All we have is a VCR, and I don't like videotapes anymore for archival purposes. We used to have an older-generation TiVo which allowed you to burn off copies of what you'd recorded--I miss it!

CountryMouse

Wow, just about the only thing that has in common with a ukulele is four strings! All four tuning pegs on top, looks like an electric guitar, is electrified. Does have a bit of uke sound. Different!

CountryMouse
Plus he's playing with a pick to give it even more of a guitar feel. I use a pick on "Pinball Wizard" and a couple other tunes. Almost bought one of those "Telecaster" ukes (made by Rock? I think?). There was also a black Les Paul style that looked cool. Sounded great plugged in, but it was a soprano and I'm more of concert kinda guy. Even though they're reasonably inexpensive, I couldn't justify spending the dough for the novelty, but I came real close!

Rock on, Eddie!

Top Bottom