YouTube question re: comments

CountryMouse

Reaction score
This is not about uploading or video quality.

Where are my comments disappearing to? DH was the first person to leave me a comment on "Magick Night", and I liked what he had to say. But it looks like it dropped off as other comments came in.

And when I look at others' videos, I often only see their responses to comments *they* got, not the original comments themselves.

What is going on? Is it my account? I have it set to "see all comments", but it's not helping. Is it something weird with YouTube? Is it my browser (using FireFox)?

I am seriously confused!

Thanks!

CountryMouse

It only shows so many of the coments on the video screen, you have to scroll down and click on view all comments or view more :) Hope that helps!

Hi Country Mouse.

YouTube will only show the most recent comments posted on your video. If the most recent comments on a video happen to be the owner's replies, then those replies are all you will see.

To see the older comments, you have to click "Show All Comments" or "View All ## Comments," at the bottom of the page.

Hi Country Mouse.

YouTube will only show the most recent comments posted on your video. If the most recent comments on a video happen to be the owner's replies, then those replies are all you will see.

To see the older comments, you have to click "Show All Comments" or "View All ## Comments," at the bottom of the page.

I tried all that you said. I know I have more than 8 comments (that includes my replies...should I not be polite and reply? eek!)--but that's all it will show me even when I say "show all comments".

This weirdness started maybe a week or so ago. Did YouTube change something?

Thanks!

CountryMouse

I am having the same issue...if youtube says I have 14 comments, and I click "show all comments", it seems to count my replies as comments and only shows 14 comments. Therefore, I can't see all comments that others have left if I have replied to any comments.

I am having the same issue...if youtube says I have 14 comments, and I click "show all comments", it seems to count my replies as comments and only shows 14 comments. Therefore, I can't see all comments that others have left if I have replied to any comments.

Which makes me wonder if I should reply to comments by replying on those folks' channel pages or via private message.

YouTube is so screwy. :(

CountryMouse

Same trouble here. I think something did change on YT. I have been replying to comments, and then just deleting my reply. I'm hoping that my response will arrive to the intended victim, I mean viewer, in an e-mail or message on YT, but I'm not 100% sure that they are receiving them.

no. something must be wrong. i've not gotten any of your comments!:p

i just had to say that, deg

this has been happening to me for a few weeks now. youtube is either hiding or deleting messages. when i go to "view all comments", most of the viewer comments are gone but i can see all my replies.

something wacky going down at youtube for sure.

this has been happening to me for a few weeks now. youtube is either hiding or deleting messages. when i go to "view all comments", most of the viewer comments are gone but i can see all my replies.

something wacky going down at youtube for sure.

Well, this is bad, but at least now I know I'm not losing my mind or something. :p

Is there any way to contact YouTube and complain?

CountryMouse

Try this

Go to your channel, choose the song you want, and watch it within the channel. Click on the link, while you're still on your channel, that says, "View comments, related videos, and more". Go down to the bottom of that page, and click "Show More Comments".

They should all be there.

I've tried this on a few of my songs, and so far they are working. No wait, some of the comments are screwy. ::sigh:: They might all be there, but muddled.

I don't know if any of this will work when you look at others' channels.

Try and let me know what happens for you-all.

CountryMouse

Top Bottom