Where do you record your vids?

LazyPancakes

Reaction score
Alot of people I've seen have been recording in their bathrooms because of better accoustics.

all 3 of mine have been in the basement. so, you can see i'm no expert. but that's where the computer is.

I was just assuming that any small closed off area was good haha. like a garage or something

I record them in our living room...

I record in my "LIBRARY"...lol

Not really, but if you've seen my videos - you'll know what I'm talking about

It's actually my computer room with like 4 shelves of movies/tv dvds next to a mirrored closet, so it looks like it goes on forever...

arrested-development.jpg

I just recorded one in the sanctuary of the church where I work, and I have to say I like the natural reverb that the room gave it, even with the cheesy mic built into the laptop.

outside is nice, but there's always stuff like wind and cars passing by that can mess up the audio a bit.

bathrooms DO have nice acoustics, but sometimes it just bugs me when it kindof echoes off the walls x.x

if anything, recording a video indoors in a normal room is best in my opinion.

Also, try hallways. slightly same acoustics as a bathroom, but not so much of the sound bouncing around everywhere.

:]]

the barn! :D acoustics not so great, but my mother said no to bringing the horse through the front door. unnecessarily strict if you ask me...

the barn! :D acoustics not so great, but my mother said no to bringing the horse through the front door. unnecessarily strict if you ask me...

But she didn't say you couldn't bring him through the back door...(I'm just sayin'):p

used to do all videos in the home office. now, i mostly record in the kitchen because there's more sunlight there.

Russ is, of course right, absolutely right. Light is much more important than acoustics. It can be natural light or artificial light, it doesn't matter. But it is important to light the video properly. Not everyone does this. Shooting into the light or using a neutral overall light produces a poor result.

As far as acoustics are concerned, bathrooms are not really that good - unless you live in a mansion with huge bathrooms. You can manipulate the sound very easily bay adding reverb on Audacity, for instance. There are lots of other ways too.

I record my videos wherever I want: living room, dining room, attic, kitchen, bedroom, in the garden, etc.

I have not recorded video at all, but I have a photographic studio setup that I use to shoot most of the images that we use in Ukulele Player Magazine. My recordings are all done on one of several multi-track recording systems (we have four, eight, sixteen, and a rack-mounted Roland with a stupid number of track capability).

We talked about doing video "seminars" for promoting our books and if we make that leap, I might do some music videos.

For a long time I tried to shoot with different backgrounds to make my one-bedroom apartment seem much more impressive..but eventually I used every possible background (it took me like 4 videos), so now I just record wherever is easiest to set up.

In my room in my current apartment. I'm moving this week though. Things will be quite different... living with my best friends in a new place. Expect new scenery and new levels of drunkenness from those featured in the video.

I would record in my sitting room, if I could get my darned camcorder working. Acoustics are pretty good and the light is about the best of any room in the house. Also it's the only room with enough power outlets for the gear I might want to use (we live in a fairly old cottage).

I've been wanting to do an Elephant Town vid and some collabs, but this infernal contraption seems to have died. I lost the mains adaptor, then I found it and it was broken, so I paid out for a new adaptor only to find that the cam doesn't want to work anyway, with or without power.

Videoless now until I can afford a new camcorder. The way things are, hell may well freeze over first... :(

I would record in the bathroom, but I can't fit the amp and the tripod in there, so I did mine in the living room

We record virtually everything outside. The sound quality is not that great, but the backgrounds are usually awesome!

That can be true......Minnie Ripertons 1975 hit Lovin You apparently sounded all wrong in the studio when it was being produced, there just seemed to be something missing from Ripertons original recording according to the producers (cant be bothered googling, but I think it was Stevie Wonder).

It turned out the original tape it was recorded on was done in Minnies garden, with birds singing in the background. This is the track that was eventually released.

Whether or not its a musical urban myth remains to be seen, but I think its a beautiful story :rolleyes:

Light is much more important than acoustics.

Studies done in the early days of television revealed that viewers would put up with a poor picture a lot longer than they'd put up with a poor picture a lot longer than they'd put up with poor sound.

I wonder if that still holds true for the cable TV and YouTube generation, which hasn't really had to put up with poor TV reception.

--Mark

Top Bottom