sitting at the gate wating to board for uketoberfest

MGM

Reaction score
will be off soon to uketoberfest in eugene... got the one flimsy jacket since i hear its in the 50-60's my lips are going to crack and i will freeze to death lol please stop by and hello at the festival at least i still got slippahs on

will be off soon to uketoberfest in eugene... got the one flimsy jacket since i hear its in the 50-60's my lips are going to crack and i will freeze to death lol please stop by and hello at the festival at least i still got slippahs on

have fun ...:)

my lips are going to crack and i will freeze to death lol

my tiny little violin is playing for you. we are due more snow today. that's cold, my friend

Sorry for the n00b question - but what is uketoberfest? I'm way too far away to attend, but I've got a good buddy that lives outside of Eugene and picked up the uke recently, I'm sure he'd be interested.

Sorry for the n00b question - but what is uketoberfest? I'm way too far away to attend, but I've got a good buddy that lives outside of Eugene and picked up the uke recently, I'm sure he'd be interested.

I assume it's an ukulele festival held in October. I believe it's a clever take on the term Oktoberfest.

I'm ticked. My sister-in-law and her brood of germ-bombs is in town and now I DON'T get to go to Uketoberfest. Ticked ticked ticked.

I don't want to say pissed, because that's not polite. Oops, I said it? Well, then there it is.

I'm ticked. My sister-in-law and her brood of germ-bombs is in town and now I DON'T get to go to Uketoberfest. Ticked ticked ticked.

I don't want to say pissed, because that's not polite. Oops, I said it? Well, then there it is.

Just tell them that you have to run to the store, just don't tell them that the store is 2 hours away.

Don't feel to bad John, my wife is very sick so can't make it eather. But than again my wife is more importent to me than all my ukes put togeather. So I will gladely stay home to take care of her. There is always next year. But than again I am pretty sure we are going to move back home to Hawaii next year sometime.

Have a safe trip !

Here is i link to uketoberfest. Eugene, Oregon

http://uketoberfest.com/
Wow! $150 for admission to a two-day event? That's utterly outrageous!

And this is being held at a public university? Don't they have some kind of obligation to the community to keep events they sponsor "affordable"? Who's raking in the dough here, and how many more people would actually attend if admission was more reasonable? :(

And this is being held at a public university? Don't they have some kind of obligation to the community to keep events they sponsor "affordable"? Who's raking in the dough here, and how many more people would actually attend if admission was more reasonable? :(

I think its free if you don't plan on going to a concert or workshop...

I'm sorry some of you who live close enough can't make it. I just bought tickets for Saturday. It is a bit of a drive for me but it should be fun.

Brad

Its free to visit the vendors etc The workshops and concerts can be bought as a package or individually.

we paid $60 for the 1 day uke fest in milwaukee last month. it was for workshops and the concert. i thought it was worth every penny. (but before i attended i thought it was steep, to be honest) but the workshops were awesome and led by people such as victoria vox, gerald ross, lani lee. brian hefferan. can't remember if jim beloff did one or not. i assume they got paid for teaching. also, they performed at the concert that night along with boulder acoustic society and others. so, you gotta pay to rent the space, gotta pay for the teachers, gotta pay the performers, and on and on. yeah, it seems steep but i believe you get your money's worth.

just my opinion!:)

Top Bottom