Hm

There isn't a musical note or key called "H", so I'm guessing it must be typo on the tab.

I think it should actually be a Bm chord instead of Hm. It fits the key and the chord progression as best as I can tell. I have played it a couple of times, and it sounds right, but as you know the song better, tell me if it does.

Hope that helps.

Ahaaa!! Cunning!! Thank you for that - that's my something new learnt for today! :D

I did German at school at GSCE - I didn't realise H sometimes meant B - does it only apply in a music context?

(sorry if this is slightly OT, but curiosity has got the better of me)

in the Scandinavian countries we say the the scales as C-D-E-F-G-A-H-C.

I asked my music teacher why and she says it's a myth when the monks were tranlsating some ornate sheet music back in the day they thought the b was a h, so now we call it H and not B.

it's confusing.

I asked my music teacher why and she says it's a myth when the monks were tranlsating some ornate sheet music back in the day they thought the b was a h, so now we call it H and not B.

That wouldn't surprise me.

If you read the American Declaration of Independence (WARNING: Very large image) in its original form, you'd think we were all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happinefs.

--Mark

That wouldn't surprise me.

If you read the American Declaration of Independence (WARNING: Very large image) in its original form, you'd think we were all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happinefs.

--Mark

I think that's actually left over from the German ß, the strong s. The new German spelling rules have changed it to an ss in a lot of situations, but if you've ever looked at older versions of Shakespeare, you see the weird f thing all the time in places where an ss gets written in English. Don't quote me on that though, that might not be true. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
Top Bottom