Have you played guitar before uke?

• No. What's a guitar?

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Yes, i've played guitar before uke.

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

Snow

Reaction score
Just a random question. I happened to play guitar for like a year.. learning only one song "Hey, There Delilah" hahaa, and i ended up quitting moving on to uke! Have you guys started uke before guitar? or never played..

i dont play guitar, but if sumone puts a guitar in my hand i know a few ukelele songs that sound good with plucking the 4 bottom strings of the guitar. I'll learn to play guitar eventually

I played guitar for years before ukulele.

I played guitar for 1 year, learned Blackbird and New Slang, and most of Canon Rock. I still play but not so much as I used to.
~2-3 months ago, one of my friends said, "Dude, get a uke..."
So I did. And now I play around on it as much as I can after I get home from school, because I only have half-days and I'm not actually supposed to have it. It's my graduation present.

I've been playing guitar since age 12. Took some lessons when I was 14 or 15 but from that point on I'm pretty much self taught. I picked up the ukulele on a trip to Hawaii in the late 90s. Was pretty much hooked about the time of the millenium.

I still enjoy playing guitar. I still gig with a classic rock band that I formed 15 years ago. Three of the five of us our the original members. We've been through a boat load of drummers and this in only our second singer. So I have been blessed to be able to find, not only good musicians but, great people to play music with.

Those interested can check out some sound files and older videos at this link.
http://www.rockslide.org/sounds.html

The band rocks real hard. We've always said we will quit when it's no longer fun but 15 years later we still act like a bunch of teenagers that won't grow up :D.

I've been playing guitar since age 12. Took some lessons when I was 14 or 15 but from that point on I'm pretty much self taught. I picked up the ukulele on a trip to Hawaii in the late 90s. Was pretty much hooked about the time of the millenium.

I still enjoy playing guitar. I still gig with a classic rock band that I formed 15 years ago. Three of the five of us our the original members. We've been through a boat load of drummers and this in only our second singer. So I have been blessed to be able to find, not only good musicians but, great people to play music with.

The band rocks real hard. We've always said we will quit when it's no longer fun but 15 years later we still act like a bunch of teenagers that won't grow up :D.

you guys sound good Dom...
listenin to Walk this way right now...
drummer kicks a$$!!

I played guitar for about 10 years, did a jazz studies minor in college, then put it down for a few years to focus on piano. Played in a couple of bands in Seattle and Tuscon. Upon moving to Atlanta for grad school three years ago, I took up dobro and weissenborn and still play both daily. My musical background has definitely been a huge resource as I have discovered my desire to be a serious student of the ukulele during the last year.

Does Guitar Hero count??? If not, then no, I have no guitar playing experience.:D

Dom, you are rocking out, man. Just watched "Keep Your Hands to Yourself." :D

Nice solo, dude!!

P.S. Rachel's a cutie...
naughty17hs.gif

i dont play guitar, but if sumone puts a guitar in my hand i know a few ukelele songs that sound good with plucking the 4 bottom strings of the guitar. I'll learn to play guitar eventually

same here haha :D

but i actually own an acoustic guitar, i just cant play it.. i tried last night and didn't go so well.

When you play im yours into an electric guitar hooked to the amp it sounds mad :D

I played guitar for 1 year, learned Blackbird and New Slang, and most of Canon Rock. I still play but not so much as I used to.
~2-3 months ago, one of my friends said, "Dude, get a uke..."
So I did. And now I play around on it as much as I can after I get home from school, because I only have half-days and I'm not actually supposed to have it. It's my graduation present.

Haha, that's basically what happened to me.. kinda. I was searching up "I Want You Back" By Jackson 5 for the guitar, but i somehow landed on this one played on the uke. I thought the person playing it was great and I was inspired by it and thought i rather learn it on the uke than the guitar. And that's when i ended up getting my first uke and putting my guitar in my closet :). And my mom's pissed that I'm learning uke instead of guitar..

Haha, that's basically what happened to me.. kinda. I was searching up "I Want You Back" By Jackson 5 for the guitar, but i somehow landed on this one played on the uke. I thought the person playing it was great and I was inspired by it and thought i rather learn it on the uke than the guitar. And that's when i ended up getting my first uke and putting my guitar in my closet :). And my mom's pissed that I'm learning uke instead of guitar..

Hey, was that my video?

I played piano first - then went to ukulele when I was a kid. It wasn't until many years later that I bought a guitar, but had since sold that and went back to the ukulele.

I can't play the guitar well. never took it up. Ukulele first, then guitar... maybe someday in the near future. right now its just piano and ukulele for me.

Top Bottom