Broken tool...

Ouch! That does not sound fun in the slightest... However, I love trebuchet build you put up... that can be translated to 50 times the size in the video, correct?... I have a few neighbors I don't like...

Medium super glue. I use it as much for minor medical emergencies as I do around the shop. Especially good for broken finger nails and toe nails. I used it just a few days ago to butterfly a cut when I sliced my thumb open.

Great counsel Chuck were it not for the fact that this thumb is 'special'... 5 years ago, in a brief lapse of concentration sawing headstock angle, I ripped the end off of it with my table saw. After a month off work, a considerable skin graft at Morrisons, the country's leading plastic surgery centre I ended up with a thumb 4 mm shorter than that on my left hand. The curious thing is that the skin which attaches the thumb to the nail below the tip is a different type and the graft is even more unlike the tip. With no nerves in the end of my thumb where the graft is - skin from the side of my hand removed with a microtome - a medical spokeshave!, and a complete loss of sensation, I need an 'edge' to pick things up and generally manipulate stuff in my hand. If I get any superglue down between the nail and the nail bed, when I put pressure on the thumb as you do in hand sanding it just wants to tear away... so I try to avoid SG for medical emergencies. In all other cases that would have been the perfect solution.

This is the very reason I do not like table saws - the damage they do in the accident scenario is viceous(spelling?) and very, very painful; not only does the saw tend to tear it also severely traumatises the wound because on the centripedal force at the tip of that rotating blade - not good... The curious thing was, I was taking stitches out of the wound for about 2 weeks after the doctor had 'taken' them out... Outpatients? What can you do with them eh?

Last edited:
go get yourself a little banjo finger pick, that'll give you an edge. I know a builder missing 3 fingers on his strumming hand and he fashioned a little edge to his finger of choice to help him along.

table saws are nasty...the teeth is what gets the damage done. Its not like a bandsaw where you got 1000 tiny teeth running through your finger making a clean cut. You can catch the bandsaw before it really gets ya good (if you're going slow), but the table saw you got one massive million mile-per-hour tooth destroying your hand, but even worse, is that its going so fast, you've been butchered by 15 of them before you can pull back. And they aint clean cuts...just like the wood, you get ripped

This is the very reason I do not like table saws - the damage they do in the accident scenario is viceous(spelling?) and very, very painful; not only does the saw tend to tear it also severely traumatises the wound because on the centripedal force at the tip of that rotating blade - not good... The curious thing was, I was taking stitches out of the wound for about 2 weeks after the doctor had 'taken' them out... Outpatients? What can you do with them eh?

Same here. I watched my father cut 1 finger off completely, and 2 others all the way through the bone (still attached by flesh) on his table saw. That was nasty. But he got them all functioning again for the most part.

Be careful

You think a table saw is bad, when I was 15 I got in an arugement with a wood joiner/planer. I lost it won, I now have a pointed index finger, and missing 1/2 inch on my middle finger also missing first knuckle on middle finger. Makes it interesting when tring to play the uke, have to make up my own chord formations but I make it work.

On the funny side my oldest daughter, when she was younger use to pick her nose, one day I told her that if she kept it up her fingers would look like mine. She never did it again.

On the funny side my oldest daughter, when she was younger use to pick her nose, one day I told her that if she kept it up her fingers would look like mine. She never did it again.

BUAHAAAHAA, that's terrible! tell her she'll wear her fingers down to the nub.

Top Bottom