Doubled my collection, from 2 to 4

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
This week I received a Honeybee Soprano and also won a Carnival plastic uke on ebay. No problem with the Mainland. The Carnival is kind of a dog. The top is sunken in a little around the bridge area, and the strings are wound in all directions, attached to the wrong posts, etc. It should be playable when I restring it (thinking Kala reds), but may serve a higher purpose as a wallhanger. I may try to build up the saddle a little to make it play better. But it's worth $12.50 as a wallhanger, IMHO.

Below with my Oscar Schmidt OU5 and Mainland Mahogany Concert. I know, not much of a collection by some of your standards, but I like it.

picture.php

I think you have a nice family there and a collection is a collection! How do you like your new Honeybee?

This week I received a Honeybee Soprano and also won a Carnival plastic uke on ebay. No problem with the Mainland. The Carnival is kind of a dog. The top is sunken in a little around the bridge area, and the strings are wound in all directions, attached to the wrong posts, etc. It should be playable when I restring it (thinking Kala reds), but may serve a higher purpose as a wallhanger. I may try to build up the saddle a little to make it play better. But it's worth $12.50 as a wallhanger, IMHO.

Below with my Oscar Schmidt OU5 and Mainland Mahogany Concert. I know, not much of a collection by some of your standards, but I like it.

picture.php

:iwant: Nice collection!

Nice collection by any standards IMO. I like the Carnival even if it's only a wallhanger and I own a Oscar Schmidt OU5 .

Congrats!! We have similar tastes...I too have a Mainland mahogany concert and a Honeybee. And there is only 4 in my meager collection.

picture.php

AWESOME! Congrats!

Nice blend of ukes you got there. Next up a tenor? ;)

Maybe so. Or maybe a flea? To be honest, I'm happy to stick where I am. I like these two Mainlands so much I don't need much more.

Be careful! Those ukes are like frick'n rabbits!

yeah, keep em separated...you cant be letting them thangs matriculate. You leave em out like that with nothing to do, well...

"Idle time is the devil's playground" - Mama

I've come to the conclusion that UAS is like... WARNING!!!

herpes. :D You always have it, you just don't always show the symptoms as well as other days. Once you have it, there's no cure and there's no way to make it go away. you could apply new ukulele smell to it, but it only keeps it from flaring up again in a couple hours... days... depends how bad you have it

I've come to the conclusion that UAS is like... WARNING!!!

herpes. :D You always have it, you just don't always show the symptoms as well as other days. Once you have it, there's no cure and there's no way to make it go away. you could apply new ukulele smell to it, but it only keeps it from flaring up again in a couple hours... days... depends how bad you have it

I just laughed so loud that i woke my lab up. Great...Now she won't stop licking me.

Captain those are some pretty ukes.

picture.php

nice :cool::cool::cool:

Wow, that looks awesome. I especially love the soundholes.

Top Bottom