New Soprano Uke for my daughter

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
My 3 year old girl always wants to play instruments with me...but she's super small and so even the tenor ukes are enormous on her. She also always wants to help me work when I'm building, so we built this "together" which means she rubbed sandpaper on it for 10 seconds, haha :). I'll post some pics of her with it later this weekend.

cigarboxes 142.jpgcigarboxes 143.jpgcigarboxes 144.jpg

My 3 year old girl always wants to play instruments with me...but she's super small and so even the tenor ukes are enormous on her. She also always wants to help me work when I'm building, so we built this "together" which means she rubbed sandpaper on it for 10 seconds, haha :). I'll post some pics of her with it later this weekend.

View attachment 3002View attachment 3003View attachment 3004

Aww, that's nice of you :] It looks great! I wish my parents and me could build ukuleles together :/

I appreciate the comments...its beyond satisfying to see your kids excited to play with you. I got a 3 year old girl and a boy thats a 2 year old wrecking machine, and they love music. The ukulele, djembe and a couple recorders is about all I'll let them hold right now...oh and the Strumstick, cuz its like a toy anyway:D I let them play the others, but only while I hold it or my boy will start smashing it with a plastic robot or something. My folks didnt do anything musical or artistic with us. They just told us to go play in the street...so we did.

Another nice build! You're getting good and fast at this, mon frer.

well, this one was actually pretty fast...took about 4 hours, even with having to backpedal on a few oversights. I didnt do electronics on it yet, but thats just cuz I've been lazy on buying the jacks. If I had a place to work, and didnt have to drag tools out of the trunk of my car and bedroom closet, I could build 3/ day minus some time for staining etc...

Alan, I must confess that I'd have myself a flash moment of rage if someone stepped on it, followed immediately by a half-forced chuckle and an "oh well..." Realistically though, the only thing they could break is the box and although I'd have to reglue the bridge and tailpiece, it would really take less than an hour to replace. So its not a total loss...all the work is spent fashioning the neck, fretboard, headstock yadda yadda

Very cool! Don't let her stand on it, like my Colin wants to do with my ukes!:eek:

My wife is the same with mine.....something about improving my playing......:p

yeah, its something I've put off for a little while...was trying to make it until christmas, but she's too stinking cute. The pictures dont do it justice...crappy yellow lights, but it was dark outside.

I try to sell them, and teach DIY classes to take the edge off 8 months unemployment, but its a slow go. Just now starting to scrape a little cash up to make a few to hang in the local music shop. Well, thats the plan...but you know how plans go.

That is so cool! I gave my niece my fist uke when I upgraded when she was 3 and she still plays it. I was surprised at how fast she started to make music on it. Not playing chords or anything, just beating on it rhythmically (Elephant Town style!!) for some reason my daughter, now 13 was never into playing even though I tried to get her started but it is awesome to see a young kid get into music!:D

Top Bottom