Uke Minutes 65 - A&C String Harmony

Hey everybody! The new ep. of Uke Minutes is up:

Uke Minutes 65 - A&C String Harmony

The pattern that Aldrine teaches in this one works pretty well for the scales A through C# (plus or minus, depending on how many frets you have), but you really have to play around with it to get a good understanding of what it can do. By this same method, you can also figure out harmony on other strings as well!

Got questions, comments, personal anecdotes, harmony jokes, interesting facts, etc - post them below!

Excellent lesson, again. This should keep me busy. Is this similar to working on thirds and sixths? Thanks.

Hey those make up the riff from Van Morrisons "Brown eyed Girl" Nice lesson but the "B flat" and "A" runs are throwing me off. The chart on the left show that you are starting the "A" run in with a "A#" on the fourth string and the "B flat" run is being started with an "B" on the fourth string. Is the chart wrong or am I missing something here? Mahalo for all your hard work and helpful lessons.

Nice lesson but the "B flat" and "A" runs are throwing me off. The chart on the left show that you are starting the "A" run in with a "A#" on the fourth string and the "B flat" run is being started with an "B" on the fourth string. Is the chart wrong or am I missing something here?

Nope, you are totally right! Totally my bad - I'll work on fixing that. Man, just one post and you're helping us out already! THANKS

Alright, might have to refresh, but it should be all good now :D Crisis averted.

Whew... Glad I could help. I am have just started with scales so it's nice to know I am actually learning something

I like when Aldrine says, "F'n-A" at 1:36 as if he's holding back from swearing :D

Top Bottom