hawaii visit

Tom_Bombadil

Reaction score
hey you guys!
after 3 months of backpacking newzealand, i finally managed it to put hawaii on my flightticket back home (germany). now: what places are there to hit for best ukulele action, lifeshows in the afternoon or some cool ukuleleshops to see? i'm arrivin in honolulu on 30th of april and stayin for one week.
is there a place for ukulelepractising, to meet other players?
i'm pretty excited ^^

cheers

Dont' forget to check out Mai-Tai Bar at Ala Moana. They usually have some pretty good live kine music there.

Me and my buddies at Mai-Tai Bar last year.
l_ffe4719fd4db58eeb9bd206bead6e9fc.jpg

sure sounds great. loved your country bro, hangin out in christchurch at the moment. 3 days left...

make damn sure you visit matsumotos shave ice, north shore.
*edit*go for the shave ice, not music. try easy music center Easy Music Center Honolulu 1314 S. King St. Honolulu, HI 96814. they have plenty ukes and usually someone who knows how to play

Last edited:
maybe you could try giving some factory tours for places like kamaka. I also remember MGM saying that there's a pawn shop next to Elena's in Waipahu that has a GREAT uke selection.

The pawn shop MGM was talking about is Waipahu Pawn Shop. Same shopping center as Savers and Pacific Supermarket. The have a wide selection of ukes. Quality.........eh. Value.............eh. You can probably find a better deal elsewhere. Nothing really stands out whenever I go.

The secret to pawn shop buying is not what is hanging on the wall but what just came out. Good stuff is usually gone in a day or already offered to private dealers before put on store shelves. Right place...right time...or who you know lol
Also one of the shops with some of the best ukuleles and inventories is in Waikiki is Aloha Ukulele but also comes with the waikiki pricetag...good to see a great selection though....

Last edited:
If you have time and can get to where he is, check out Musicguymic's wahehouse. He has a ton of stuff on ebay at good prices. You'll have to get in touch with him though to set up a time to meet up.

yeah i'll got to the kamaka factorytour on tuesday. vistited bob's ukulele in waikiki... horrible, this guy couldn't even tune a uke. i'll try to check out as much as i can. thanks guys!!

Top Bottom