Fluke / Flea owners: If you had the cash to blow...

Assuming you had the cash to blow, would you buy a hard case for your Fluke or Flea?

• Yes, I would!

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No, they're indestructible!

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters

beeejums

Reaction score
Would you invest in a hard case for your Fluke or Flea? Why?

I did, for various reasons... but I'm just curious.

It's a NICE case, too.

I love my Flea, but it travels well in the gig bag so I don't worry about it much.

Fun fact: Both the soprano and concert Flea will fit well inside a soprano-sized canvas/foam zip case, if you have one kicking around.

Beeejums,

It would be nice if you had included a "Sometimes" type option.

Some of my instruments are vetrans of airport luggage cart accidents, business traveler luggage compartment crushers, etc. Most of the time I wouldn't use a hard side case for my Flea, but in some situations I wouldn't be caught without one.

The hard case was a bit too expensive for me. And i figure that the fluke's purpose in my arsenal is to be a super durable uke to leave around and strum whenever and not worry about breaking. So a hardcase seemed sort of overkill for me.

I've traveled cross country (EDIT: via plane) with my Fluke, and it did just fine in the included gig bag. Granted, it was a bit too long to put under the seat (though I did anyway), and I wouldn't have dreamed of checking it...a hard shell case just seems like overkill to me.

My 2 cents.

I bought one because:

1. I work with individuals with mental disabilities, and I play uke for them for music therapy, and a locking case is pretty much a must. Even though it's a tough uke, I don't want to think about what they'd do with it if they got ahold of it.

2. The same thing will go for when I reach my ultimate goal of teaching special education.

3. I like having the extra cavity for a tuner, capo, strap, other crap I carry around with it.

4. When I travel, which is frequent, I don't have to worry about it.

5. It protects all the stickers and crap (and Jake's signature) on it.

6. I like it.

I should have included a "Yes, if it's a solid top" option.

I own both Fluke & Flea and keep them in my classroom at school. I can attest that they're nearly indestructible. I actually bought a new tenor Fluke because I'd worn out the metal frets from my years of playing it.

I bought one because:

1. I work with individuals with mental disabilities, and I play uke for them for music therapy, and a locking case is pretty much a must. Even though it's a tough uke, I don't want to think about what they'd do with it if they got ahold of it.

2. The same thing will go for when I reach my ultimate goal of teaching special education.

3. I like having the extra cavity for a tuner, capo, strap, other crap I carry around with it.

4. When I travel, which is frequent, I don't have to worry about it.

5. It protects all the stickers and crap (and Jake's signature) on it.

6. I like it.

I should have included a "Yes, if it's a solid top" option.
Yep. Those are all good reasons to get a hard case, especially the added storage space for accessories. And if you're lucky enough to have it signed by Jake, that's reason enough right there!

I own both Fluke & Flea and keep them in my classroom at school. I can attest that they're nearly indestructible. I actually bought a new tenor Fluke because I'd worn out the metal frets from my years of playing it.

I let my 7th graders mess around on mine when I was teaching last year... They do make good classroom instruments because it's not a big deal when they go to pretend they're hitting someone else over the head with it.

Top Bottom