Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Kinda, Im still learning

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

KAWIKA27

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to read sheet Music?

Im taking class's to learn im, starting to get it more and more.
I figured it would open up more songs for me to play. But i am having a little trouble applying it to the ukulele.

i dont even know what sheet music is =s

umm the stuff piano players usualy use to play is the best whay i can discribe it

Its music you read off a sheet, to put it simply... I dont really know how to explain it.. I have been in piano for 11 years and i can read any kind of piano piece now, and it definitely helps with learning other instruments. Dramatically.

Awesome. It can't hurt, it can only help. Especially when tabs are non-existent, you can take a look at the sheet music and figure it out on the ukulele.

I can read sheet music for band and wind instruments in treble cleff. But I can't readily apply it to ukulele, for one, because I don't have the note positions on ukulele all down in my head yet, and I can't read chords in sheet music. I have no idea how piano players do it.

I used to be very good (coud read anything), back in highschool band.

but now its probably like looking at Hiragana

I used to be very good (coud read anything), back in highschool band.

but now its probably like looking at Hiragana

You probably still could, when you know how to read music... it doesn't really go away. I find It's like reading another language, and once you learn it, it never goes away. Kind of like reading a book. It's kind of hard to become illiterate.

You probably still could, when you know how to read music... it doesn't really go away. I find It's like reading another language, and once you learn it, it never goes away. Kind of like reading a book. It's kind of hard to become illiterate.

MMmm. I would say that it doesn't fullly go away, but it does get REALLY rusty. Like I played piano for a while and I was getting pretty good at reading notes. Now if you try to make me sight read its so hard! I know the notes, I know what to press, but I can't do it all at once.

I have a surface familiarity, enough to get by anyways. Diddling with the tab programs really helped/forced the issue for me (TuxGuitar, PowerTab, etc)

read it for school (cello). unfortunately i cant read treble, only bass =( for those who dont know anything about sheet music, you cant transfer bass cleff music to the ukulele.

read it for school (cello). unfortunately i cant read treble, only bass =( for those who dont know anything about sheet music, you cant transfer bass cleff music to the ukulele.

If you already know the notes on the bass clef really well, it won't take long at ALL to learn the notes on the treble clef.

Sure you can. You can read bass cleff notes on the uke, you would just be playing the notes an octave or two higher than written.

i've been teaching myself...i am still uncertain about all the note symbology, but I can at least determine whether its a C, G, A, or whatever...

remeber

Every Good Boy Deserves Fu......Fudge

Top Bottom