New Uke???

mangorockfish

Reaction score
OK, Here's the question. I have a new Maainland mahogany gloss concert that I really am crazy about. However, UAS is rearing its ugly head. Armed with $1000 I can get a "Big K" Koa tenor or a Mainland mahogany gloss tenor w/MiSi pickup and case to go with the concert and keep 6 big ones in my pocket. Your thoughts.

depends... if you have "6 big ones" left in your pocket... what do you plan to buy :D

Ah, although I don't own one, I have heard so many excellent things about Mainland. But I'm going to have to steer you towards a hawaiian made koa instrument: Kanilea, KoAloha, or Kamaka. Although I'm sure the mainland is a lovely instrument, and with the MiSi, and all solid woods, it's a good value, there is a noticible difference between imported instruments and the Hawaiian made ones. $600 is a lot of money, but if you are willing to spend the full $1000 anyway, and you don't own a K-instrument, I think you should look upmarket. The feel and sound is great.

Get the Mainland, and look for a deal on a K. With a hundred or so more clams you can get both! :)

Hmm...maybe check out the Ukulele Marketplace here on this thread - maybe you could find something good??

In any case, I hope you get what you're looking for. :D

YOu know you'll love either one and neither will cure you of the UAS. That said it sounds like Mainland is the best deal for the dollars...

Kanilea Soundmonster Concert

If your looking for a Kanilea concert possibility there is a used Kanilea Soundmonster Concert available on ebay, at a decent price. I really like the tones of the instrument. I would have been interested in it but I'm holding out for a superconcert.

-It's gone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom