PDA

View Full Version : New Uke???

mangorockfish
10-17-2009, 06:41 PM
OK, Here's the question. I have a new Maainland mahogany gloss concert that I really am crazy about. However, UAS is rearing its ugly head. Armed with $1000 I can get a "Big K" Koa tenor or a Mainland mahogany gloss tenor w/MiSi pickup and case to go with the concert and keep 6 big ones in my pocket. Your thoughts.

specialmike
10-17-2009, 06:47 PM
depends... if you have "6 big ones" left in your pocket... what do you plan to buy :D

mokai
10-17-2009, 07:00 PM
depends... if you have "6 big ones" left in your pocket... what do you plan to buy :D

:agree::agree::agree:

experimentjon
10-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Ah, although I don't own one, I have heard so many excellent things about Mainland. But I'm going to have to steer you towards a hawaiian made koa instrument: Kanilea, KoAloha, or Kamaka. Although I'm sure the mainland is a lovely instrument, and with the MiSi, and all solid woods, it's a good value, there is a noticible difference between imported instruments and the Hawaiian made ones. $600 is a lot of money, but if you are willing to spend the full $1000 anyway, and you don't own a K-instrument, I think you should look upmarket. The feel and sound is great.

Boozelele
10-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Get the Mainland, and look for a deal on a K. With a hundred or so more clams you can get both! :)

ChamorroDT
10-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Hmm...maybe check out the Ukulele Marketplace here on this thread - maybe you could find something good??

In any case, I hope you get what you're looking for. :D

SeePM
10-18-2009, 07:15 AM
YOu know you'll love either one and neither will cure you of the UAS. That said it sounds like Mainland is the best deal for the dollars...

Doc_J
10-18-2009, 10:54 AM
If your looking for a Kanilea concert possibility there is a used Kanilea Soundmonster Concert available on ebay, at a decent price. I really like the tones of the instrument. I would have been interested in it but I'm holding out for a superconcert.

-It's gone.