Strange Saddle

Kalalaika

Reaction score
hey guys, just gut my uke with a really strange setup I think:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41925958@N05/4022095802/
The saddle inclines from the left to the right?! Is that true intention or did it happen during transport? I've got a little buzz on the E-String, 6th fret upwards could this be due to the low action on the right side of the saddle?

Last edited:
With respect, this is something you should take up with the supplier. I hope no-one will jump to any conclusions based on one photograph.

I suggest you let the supplier deal with your question, before airing your fears on a public forum.

Ukantor.

Last edited:
With respect, this is something you should take up with MGM. He is known for setting up ukes really well, and I hope no-one will jump to any conclusions based on one photograph.

I suggest you let Mike deal with your question, before airing your fears on a public forum.

Ukantor.

:agree:
although I have no idea how Ukanator knows that you got it from MGM... psychic? amazing!

Anywho... looks like a cedar top Kala of some sort... probably a tenor, based on the size of the "wings" on the bridge... it's got that newish synthetic bone saddle that Kala has been using... and while I've seen a few, none have been like that. I'm inclined to think something happened in transit. MGM packs stuff pretty well, but things happen. Did the package look damaged in some way? Shipping it back is a pain, but I have no doubt that MGM Mike will make it right. Maybe contact him first to give him a heads up.

"although I have no idea how Ukanator knows that you got it from XXX... psychic? amazing!"

I claim no psychic powers. He/she said so - then edited it out. Like I'm going to do.

Ukantor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom