Best Smallest Gigbag that protects 4 sopranos?

I dont think they make a gig bag that would fit 4 sopranos. :p

Seriously, if youre looking to protect them...a gig bag is not the way to go.
Hardshell or semi hardshell will be better for protection.

"Best Smallest Gigbag that protects 4 sopranos?" I guess that does sound a little funny. Oh well.

Just want something super small that protects, but I know anything that protects is going to be somewhat bulky. So I was wondering about something just a bit smaller and protective just to hike with for example.

"Best Smallest Gigbag that protects 4 sopranos?" I guess that does sound a little funny. Oh well.

Just want something super small that protects, but I know anything that protects is going to be somewhat bulky. So I was wondering about something just a bit smaller and protective just to hike with for example.

The one you have pictured is lightweight, but more bulky than some gig bags. I hiked for a short distance with a concert sized one similar to that. It had two straps, that allowed it to be worn like a backpack. If that was all you had to carry, I say no problem. But if I was carrying a picnic and water, I would go for my Kala Kiwi with it's minimal gig bag, and wrap the uke (inside the bag) in some polar fleece to add extra padding. To really protect without getting heavy, you have to add a bit of bulk.

–Lori

look into those over-size tennis racket travel bags. I use one to transport my uke (in its own case), along with a music stand and songbook!

Some of the larger Tennis bags are split into 2 symmetical parts with their own zippers. I don't know about carrying 4 sopranos, but you never know...

I have two of those, and you can't beat 'em for the price.

--Mark

I have one and its falling apart. Tbh i would not go with that model.

I used to travel with my soprano in a generic gig bag, with no problems. If it had to go in an overhead compartment or under a seat, I wrapped it in some extra clothes for protection. These days, I have a Flea for travel, and it's fine in its own gig bag.

The canvas/foam zip cases are pretty durable. You have to try pretty hard to put a dent in them. Wouldn't recommend using them in checked luggage, but fine for everything else. They're very light, too!

I have one and its falling apart. Tbh i would not go with that model.

What, specifically, is falling apart on it? How old is it? How has it been treated?

I wouldn't expect Anvil performance out of a $30 foam case, but mine are almost new and the construction seems fine.

--Mark

Top Bottom