PDA

View Full Version : psychedelic uke

Pukulele Pete
10-19-2009, 03:18 AM
this is my Martin style 1 which I got on Ebay for $66.00 . It had eight cracks and a hole on the back. I used Novus polishing compound to get the designs off. I used titebond on the back and filled the hole with a piece of mahogany.
I used those little super magnets for clamps and they worked great once I got the hang of using them. On the top I used hot hide glue. The nut was missing so I made one from Black buffalo horn material. I'm in the middle of coating it with clear lacquer. The neck was in fine shape except for the pyschedelic designs on the headstock , I got those off with the polishing compound. I'm leaving the neck alone and only spraying the body. I'm really pleased with how well it is coming out.

brickerenator
10-19-2009, 03:36 AM
That's definitely an eye-catcher

I hope you can get some sound out of it.

ukantor
10-19-2009, 07:51 AM
That's quite a challenge, but definitely worth doing. I look forward to seeing the finished result.

Ukantor.

timmoore8
10-19-2009, 12:24 PM
wow a lot of hard work i hope you knew what you were getting prior to buying it. I can't wait to see how it turns out. how are you going to make it look psychedelic? Time will tell

Pukulele Pete
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
hey TIMMOORE8 , I took off the psychedelic designs. It is still the "psychedelic uke" but the designs are now gone. Now it looks like a 1927-1930 Martin style 1

RevWill
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Can we see some update pics?