Spongebob in the US?

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
I can only find these awesome Spongebob pineapples sold online by vendors in the UK. Does anyone here know of a US vendor that carries these.
Longtime pineapple & Spongebob fan here. :D
54993_l.jpg

http://www.karacha.com/SpongeBob-Squarepants-Pinapple-Ukulele-Outfit
Uk site but they ship to the US. They use DHL shipping and the price might not be as bad as you assume seeing as this item is pretty light.
They suggest that you put the item in your basket and start the buying process so you can see what the shipping price is. You can always change your mind.

http://www.karacha.com/SpongeBob-Squarepants-Pinapple-Ukulele-Outfit
Uk site but they ship to the US. They use DHL shipping and the price might not be as bad as you assume seeing as this item is pretty light.
They suggest that you put the item in your basket and start the buying process so you can see what the shipping price is. You can always change your mind.

I appreciate your help. :)
40.00 UK Pounds for shipping = $65.34 US :eek:
I don't want one THAT bad. :D
Thank you though. ;)

I went ahead and put one in a cart and went through the checkout (but didn't buy). Converted to US dollars it comes to $98.38, including shipping to Michigan.

There was one place in the UK that had pretty reasonable shipping to the U.S., but I'll be darned if I can find it now. I do remember that it was in the first few pages of search results for "sponge bob pineapple ukulele" on Google.

--Mark

I appreciate your help. :)
40.00 UK Pounds for shipping = $65.34 US :eek:
I don't want one THAT bad. :D
Wowsers, that seems very high. It would be cheaper by royal mail. lol
Probably be better to compare prices on eBay then and see if anyone has a decent rate.

I love it.

I would totally rock that pineapple! and maybe get some respect for once from the younger gens when I pull out my "little guitar"

heck, while I don't think my ego would let me take it out in public, I think a small part of me wouldn't mind rocking that Hello kitty one either. My daughter would love it! She'd like both. they look pretty nice. Screwed down plastic bridge, and painted... and possibly fractional sized... but still looks playable. Wait, is that a rosewood fretboard on the Hello Kitty? ;)

ugh. this thread is dangerous... it made me order one.

i'm excited.

this youtube vid goes thru a bunch of spongebob branded instruments including the standard soprano uke, flying V uke, and pineapple uke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYMstnOg0wk

no sound sample for the pineapple uke tho.
I am sorta toying with the idea of getting the spongebob half-size guitar and switching out the nut and bridge and making a rocking six string uke... classic headstock for the win!

edit: for Sponge Bob purchase update.
I also got the Toys R Us one to hold me over while I wait for the Pineapple... and it sucks mightily. It was $27... Dirt cheap! but still not worth it. I'm gonna return it. Too many issues. they've updated it with geared tuners... although they are the suckiest geared tuners ever. Intonation problems worsen as you head up the neck... must be that bridge placement problem. and neck too skinny. and all graphics are vinyl stickers... which kinda acts as a pick guard around the sound hole... although the uke isn't nice enough to guard.

Last edited:
I got one of those SpongeBob sopranos at Toys R Us (Sp?) and the intonation was way off...they're pretty chintzy instruments but make cool wall hangers...:D

Top Bottom