uking hula-hooping update

Considering that the majority of us own upwards of $500 in ukulele merchandise and instruments... how many of us can hula and play at the same time?! This is always good. I can't even hula

Thanks for keeping us "in the know". We need to keep an eye on this...for research purposes, you know. :D

That's really cool!

Our local blues jam has attracted a lot of good swing dancers, which is always a good thing. One night, a very sweet, very energetic stick-shaped girl came in with a hula hoop. This little gal was 6 feet tall with NO curves in any direction, so I didn't know what was going to keep that hula hoop from dropping to the floor. I found out, though:

Sheer MOMENTUM!

That girl just ROCKED that hula hoop, I tell ya what! We played an up-tempo jump blues tune and she had that hoop going fast enough to blow out candles on the tables next to the dance floor! All that and she could move in and out of it, too. Super talented!

She's been back, but not with the hoop. I wish she would, though, and somebody would get video. I'd give her a ukulele, too, just to see what it looked like. :D

Top Bottom