Addiction - Ukulele at Work

bunnyflower

Reaction score
Does anyone else take their uke to work with them? When I get a break now, I will try to find my uke buddy if she's available, and we'll play in the breakroom. Even if I can't find her, I'll go take my 15 minutes by myself and play until I have to zoom back to work.

Good addiction? or Crazy addicition?

Does anyone else take their uke to work with them? When I get a break now, I will try to find my uke buddy if she's available, and we'll play in the breakroom. Even if I can't find her, I'll go take my 15 minutes by myself and play until I have to zoom back to work.

Good addiction? or Crazy addicition?
Good addiction ;) I have my Applause Soprano under my desk :)

Since I got my first one I've had one in the car for playing at lunch time. Its very relaxing, gets me ready for the afternoon :). Much better than sitting at my desk and going on the internet.......

My colleagues are a long way off being my audience though, damn B chord :p

I keep my Honu rope series concert at work. Great stress reliever, and it never gives me the Blue Screen of Death!

I ussually go outside and play at lunch. It is getting cold so I just ordered an eleuke so I can play at my desk and not disturb my co-workers.

With a baby at home I get more practice in at work then I do at home anymore.

I have a Kamoa Pineapple on order from Ukulele Underground, when it arrives, the Mitchell Concert I have at home will probably come to work. As it stands now, I play a little on lunch break with an old backpack guitar I have.

A uke would be more fun I think.

Absolutely! I keep it on my workstation all day. Frequently I'm waiting for my computer to perform some task that may take a couple minutes. Some people get up and go to the kitchen for coffee or to the bathroom or whatever. I pick up my uke. Hey, if it's three minutes or more, that's a whole song! Then after work, there's a massive stairwell in the parking structure that has reverb for days. If I get home late, my wife says, Stairwell again?"

You got it, baby.

Mine goes in the car so I can play at lunchtime.

I work in an office with a bandmate of mine. Until the office got redecorated we had gradually filled it with instruments - ukulele, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, recorder, tin whistle, harmonica etc.

After the refurb, the boss took the opportunity to suggest that perhaps, instead of bringing back the instruments, we might like to do some work instead. We said no, that would be fine, but he kind of insisted. :rolleyes:

EVERYDAY!! I am a music teacher...so I bring it under the guise of working.....little do the children know that I am working on Marvin Gaye's Let's get it on....Thank you UU!!!

I have an office but I'm rarely there... I work from home, so most of the time I have a uke within arms reach. Two are screaming to be played as I speak... errr... write.

um... BRB

[ strum stum strum... ]

much better... although, I think I hear my Fluke calling from the other room...

I can't take mine to work, but I can read about you guys doing it and that's almost good enough. Well, it's not really good enough, but it'll have to do.

I take my uke to work somedays. I don't keep it in the car, but during lunch, I bring it out to the car to play. During the summer, it can get too hot, but I don't think it will get too cold here to play in the car. Since I work freelance, I can't keep it at work, but have to transport it each day I want to play. I could play in the break room, but it is shared with a lot of other businesses, and I am not outgoing enough to perform my half-learned songs in public.

I find the ukulele a great stress reducer. It seems best if I can play at least a little every day.

–Lori

My Flea is in my backpack sitting on the work bench, it comes out alot between custy's.

I was just thinking (always a dangerous pursuit) that maybe there should be a national "Take Your Ukulele To Work Day."

Just a thought.

I almost caused a riot with my ukulele at school today. The kids went crazy over "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" and "Wanna be like You" (banging on the floor, desk, walls, each other). Great stuff, but it gave me a headache.

That means I take a ukulele to work -- the el cheapo that doesn't matter when it gets kidnapped 'cause so and so just wanted to try it out.

Top Bottom