Plastic Ukes from Japan - Help from our Japanese UU Friends?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
4029023609_abc8828705_m.jpg

There are plastic ukes made in Japan, and I want one! Any of our UU friends in Japan know how to acquire one of these babies?

Info from Tiki King's database:

One of three designs, "Pineapple" "Peace" and "Ukulelia" are colorful plastic ukuleles, produced in Japan by Kazuyuki Sekiguchi. "Pineapple" which is translucent orange with a white top, with a picture of a pineapple, and the word "Pineapple" on the headstock. "Peace" which is translucent apple green with a white top, with a picture of a humming bird, and the word "Peace" on the headstock, and "Ukulelia" which is translucent pink with a white top, and a picture of a flower and leaf, and the word "Ukulelia" on the headstock. Kazuyuki Sekiguchi is a prominent Japanese pop musician

Those look very cool! I want the orange one.

Those look very cool! I want the orange one.

+1......I really really like them all, but for some reason I want to eat the mint chocola....the green and white one :D. Hope they play as good as they look....

I would totally go for one of these! Make a bulk order and sell them in the marketplace! :D

Plastic + green + picture of a hummingbird?
Are we sure that one has the word "peace" on it, 'cause I'd swear it had my name written all over it.

Those look awesome! I dunno how good they'd be, but they probably wouldn't be that expensive!:iwant:

4029023609_abc8828705_m.jpg

There are plastic ukes made in Japan, and I want one! Any of our UU friends in Japan know how to acquire one of these babies?

Our Japanese UU'ers appear to be ignoring you. Either that or you've made some enemies in the land of the rising sun.

I would definitely buy one of those in green, or perhaps in orange. Shipping from Japan, though, would be brutal.

By the way - did we ever determine if these were real, or just a graphic, or what?

I see one for sale here... similar plastickies can be found here and here, but I have no idea how they sound. I remember reading something about "a plastic uke that copies the plastic ukes that were great in copying wooden ukes but since they are a copy of a copy, that is all you get". Sekiguchi Kazuyuki is a famous dude though, and I doubt he would throw his name before the pigs just to cash in.

Ordering / shipping to the US seems like a lot of hassle though. Try contacting Kiwaya or that "Japanese" shop on Hawaii (PuaPua?) maybe?

Approximately $126.00 plus shipping. How bad you want it?
:confused:

http://translate.google.com/transla...w.nofofon.com/cart/shop/detail.php?code=50075

ウクレレ パイナポー [50075] Ukulele Painapo [50075]

大好評につき再入荷です! Is popular for each stock. ! !
関口和之プロデュース! Produced Sekiguti Kazuyuki! ! !
ウクレレ パイナポー! Painapo ukulele!

関口和之プロデュースのプラスチックウクレレ、 Producing plastic ukulele Sekiguti Kazuyuki,
パイナポーです! Is Painapo! 充分な強度と鳴りの良さの両面にこだわり開発された本器。 The instrument was developed commitment on both sides of sufficient strength and sound good. そのかわいらしいルックスに男女を問わず大人気! Great popularity of both men and women to look cute! 海、山などのレジャーのお供に最高の一本です! Sea is one of the highest mountains and leisure attendant!
価格(税込) Price (approx.) 在庫 Stock
12,600円 12,600 〇 Yes

Approximately $126.00 plus shipping. How bad you want it?
:confused:

http://translate.google.com/transla...w.nofofon.com/cart/shop/detail.php?code=50075

ウクレレ パイナポー [50075] Ukulele Painapo [50075]

大好評につき再入荷です! Is popular for each stock. ! !
関口和之プロデュース! Produced Sekiguti Kazuyuki! ! !
ウクレレ パイナポー! Painapo ukulele!

関口和之プロデュースのプラスチックウクレレ、 Producing plastic ukulele Sekiguti Kazuyuki,
パイナポーです! Is Painapo! 充分な強度と鳴りの良さの両面にこだわり開発された本器。 The instrument was developed commitment on both sides of sufficient strength and sound good. そのかわいらしいルックスに男女を問わず大人気! Great popularity of both men and women to look cute! 海、山などのレジャーのお供に最高の一本です! Sea is one of the highest mountains and leisure attendant!
価格(税込) Price (approx.) 在庫 Stock
12,600円 12,600 〇 Yes

Thanks for the link! I want it - probably that bad. Shipping would make it $200 i bet!:eek:

Top Bottom