Makapili Tenor

Kurobashi

Reaction score
Hi all

I recently bought a Makapili Tenor from Thomas Macomson and considering it's stunning looks and wonderful sound I will share it here.

I will post a full review when I have had some experience with it, I have it for about a week now and I really love it.

It came with Worth clear strings (standard C tuning) but I changed these to Aquila's in G tuning. This creates a wonderfull warm and deep sound.

Videos and sound samples will follow in the review, for now I leave you with some pictures:

That is one nice uke! Nice grain, simple lines. I love the side sound port too. Are they available in the USA? Looking forward to your review.

–Lori

For the people who don't know Makapili, this is not a factory made Uke. It's made by Thomas Macomson, a fellow UU member.

I think he ships worldwide but he needs to build it first of course :)

For the people who don't know Makapili, this is not a factory made Uke. It's made by Thomas Macomson, a fellow UU member.

I think he ships worldwide but he needs to build it first of course :)

I bet the shipping costs would be high. But I love seeing beautiful ukes! What kind of wood did he use on this one?

Where is his studio? You never know, I might have a vacation that takes me to Europe again, and I could carry one home (if I pre-order, that is).

–Lori

Just a thought

Hey Lori

I don't want to speak for Thomas, but I did notice he said in another thread that he'd be visiting the US in November, and could bring a uke with him and post from American soil to reduce shipping costs. Might be worth sending him a PM if you're interested :)

There's still one in the Marketplace... :D

It's so nice we got another person in the family :)

Thomas's instruments are one of the kind. I love my Makapili hinoki top tenor. Please make a review and post some videos :)

Lori,

The wood is Acacia, it's quite curly and has nice details.

Top Bottom