Martin strings

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
put martin fluorocarbon plain end strings on my concert uke the other day...anyone have any experience with them. Opinions/ reviews? I'm asking because this is the first and only set of strings on ever on this uke and wondering if anyone has the info on their general characteristics.

they seem bright and clear with maybe a little less volume than I'd expect, but it could be the uke.

I really like them on my Flea - they seem to complement its inherent loud bark quite well. I know Ukisociety likes them on his plastic ukes.

I don't think they are as highly regarded as Worths but I think they're pretty cool.

I only use them on my plastic ukes, but they sound good and have nice tension on them.

I liked them but over time they are a little light, so I got a set of Fremonts which are heavier.

I'm preferring nylon right now over flourocarbon but I liked the Marlins pretty well.

the more I play them, the more I like them, but I think they are a little flimsy feeling. I think I'd prefer them to be more stout so I can give em a good hard strum on occassion. Side by side with my Lanikai Ck-teq strung with hilos, the volume is on par but the balance is not quite. I'm not saying the Hilos are the standard, but they are a fair comparison for what I want...they have a fuller sound than the martins although not as pretty at times.

I think if I could get some heavier gauged tenor fluorocarbons and put them on the concert...it would increase the "stout factor", the volume is already good, and I do like the trebly maple-esque sound...its good fingerstylin'

I currently have them on my Flea and plastic uke. They sound great on both. I had them on my Martin S-O and I did not like the sound.

My Tangi Gecko sopranino came with Martin strings, and they are okay but I'm changing them out to Worth clears ASAP.

yeah, I usually order my strings, but I was kinda caught out of stock (I lost a set of strings somewhere), so I sent the wife to GC to grab something right quick

I recently bought a set of Martin Crystal Nylon (the old strings before they switched to fluoro) and I noticed that according to the box they are for D tuning, not C. Are the new fluoro strings labeled for D tuning?

I love my martin strings. I forgot what kind i have, but they lasted me a whole year, when i've heard most people say otherwise. I'd recommend them to anyone

I placed some Martin fluorocarbon strings on my uke.
Why? Because that was all they had at GC.

I ordered a few sets of Worth strings and have them on hand, but I haven't replaced the Martin's yet... I kinda like them.

I placed some Martin fluorocarbon strings on my uke.
Why? Because that was all they had at GC.

i did that exact same thing and ended up liking them on my concert

I gotta say that I found my pro artes and replaced my martins...I think I liked the martin sound better. The tension and feel when strumming is all pro arte, but I thought it sounded clearer and brighter with the fluorocarbons

I've been using Martins 'cause thats all thats available in my area. I like the way they feel to the fingers. When I first put them on they are abit dull. They sound better as they get broken in. I wrap them around my hands and stretch them a bit to get them broken in faster.
Ernest

I've been using Martins 'cause thats all thats available in my area. I like the way they feel to the fingers. When I first put them on they are abit dull. They sound better as they get broken in. I wrap them around my hands and stretch them a bit to get them broken in faster.
Ernest

you know you can get virtually any kind of strings you want shipped for like 70 cents

you know you can get virtually any kind of strings you want shipped for like 70 cents

Yeah I know, I'm just impatient that way. I wanna walk out and put strings on NOW! But you're right, I should just start ordering packs of strings so I don't have to run to the store.
Ernest

Top Bottom