I got paid for playing!

Citrus

Reaction score
I was playing down at the farmers market and made $2.15! I thought that was great and then I remembered I had put 2 dollars in the hat to get it going =/

I has a sad. Stingy milledgevillians!

Hey, fifteen cents is fifteen cents!

Now you're officially a professional. Congrats! :cool:

JJ

Well.. there's the 15 cents... that's, um, almost a parking meter? Three pieces of gum at a high school football concession stand?

It's not nothing! And, you got to spend some time making pretty music.

I agree, your 15 cents is much more than I'm making with my uke so congrats to you!:)

Outstanding, Citrus! You'll remember that 15 cents and share that story for years to come. You've now taken the first step. Always take the time to talk with your small audiences as they pass by. Let them know you're just starting and ask what songs and artists they would like to hear. Then learn them! This way you start to build a book of favorites. Many of these people frequent the farmers markets and will stop by to see how you're doing. When you learn their songs, invite them on to your "stage" to sing along. Learn some childrens songs, like the Barney song. Amplify your voice and uke, if possible. Most artists use a small P.A. setup at these busking venues. Something as simple as a Vox DA5, or as advanced as a Roland Cube Street wil both allow you to amplify both your ukulele and your voice. Here's a couple of photos of my setups, both solo and for a group at a local farmers market:

RolandAmp1.JPG

RolandAmp1.JPG

RolandAmp2.JPG

Fifteen cents, and yet I'm still jealous. :D

Congrats!
A few more times and you can buy another ukulele.

I'm pretty sure my wife would be willing to pay me to quit playing....

Same thing....right? :eek:

Top Bottom