Hayward Ukulele Festival of Northern California

Dominator

Reaction score
festival logo.jpg

15th Annual Celebration of the `Ukulele!

Keeping the Legacy Alive

A Tribute to `Ukulele Festival Founders Hollis Baker & John Ogao

I will be performing at 11:15am. Thanks in advance to those in and around the Bay Area of California that come out to support the performers.

When: Sunday, April 27, 2008. 10:30am - 5:00pm

Where: Hayward Adult School, 22100 Princeton Street, Hayward, CA, 94541

Entrance Donation: $5.00 Adults, children under 5yrs. free

Directions to the Northern CA `Ukulele Festival

Hayward Adult School
22100 Princeton Street, Hayward, California 94541-3817

From Hwy 880: Exit 'A' St. East, Left on Princeton, Right on Sunset.

From Hwy 580 South: Exit Hayward, straight on Foothill for about 2 miles, Right 'A' St., Right on Princeton, Right on Sunset.

From San Mateo Bridge (Hwy 92): Connect to 880 North, exit 'A' St. East, Left on Princeton, Right on Sunset.

Web Maps: you can use a web service like Google or MapQuest to confirm driving directions from your particular location.

From BART: Take train to Hayward station, connect to AC Transit bus #85. Get off at Princeton St., walk north (right) on Princeton for 3 blocks to Sunset. Turn east (right) on Sunset to school entrance. Bus #85 runs on the hour from the Hayward BART station, beginning at 7:40am.

Public transportation routes and schedules are subject to change. Please visit www.transitinfo.org for the latest information, or call:

BART - 510-465-2278
AC Transit - 817-1717 (from any area code in the Bay Area, then say "AC Transit" to reach AC Transit

how long is your set, Dom?

Russ, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it each performer only gets 10 minutes. Performers play all day long every 15 minutes. Five minutes to get on and off and 10 minutes to play. That gives me 3 songs with the last one being a shorter one.

Russ, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it each performer only gets 10 minutes. Performers play all day long every 15 minutes. Five minutes to get on and off and 10 minutes to play. That gives me 3 songs with the last one being a shorter one.

ahhh, so time is of the essence. i shall scribble 11:15am on the back of my hand and then not wash until sunday.

cheers!

How many UU members plan to be performing that day? :)

me!!!

How many UU members plan to be performing that day? :)
ill be there :]
im playing gently weeps...along with tico tico and supercali with the ukulele class.
everyone should go!

So where will it occur exactly? I've never been to Sunset. Gymnasium? Field? Cafeteria? :confused:

I'm still working on my schedule for Sunday whether I have to go to Sacramento. Hopefully lotsa UU members go and support the board!

'Not performing (ha!) but I'll be there. I'll be snapping pix of Dominator for his 11:15 am performance--and hoping there's loco moco this year again...

What time are you on l0calb0y91? I wouldn't want to miss it.

schedule

Here's the schedule for the `Ukulele Festival on Sunday (got it from Taropatch website).

Morning
10:45 Pule lnvocation / Star Spangled Banner / Welcome
1) 11:00 The Faux Hawaiians
2) 11:15 Dominator
3) 11:30 Hui Ho'onanea
4) 11:45 KaNalu

Afternoon
5) 12:00 Templebar's Royal Hawaiian 'UkuleleBand
6) 12:15 lsland 'Ukuleles
7) 12:30 Kamakani
8) 12:45 Ukester Moe -Marcello Sequeira
9) 1:00 Chris Kamaka
10) 1:15 Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani 'Ukulele Class
11) 1:30 Ogao Ohana
12) 1:45 Na Aikane -Special tribute to founders, Hollis Baker & John Ogao
2:00 'UkuleleFestival/PICAScholarship
13) 2:15 Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band
14) 2:3O Little 'Ukuleles (from'Ukulele Jams)
15) 2:45 Evan Tom
16) 3:00 Aldon Sanders
17) 3:15 Kaleponi Strings 'UkuleleClass with Na Hawaii 'O Kaleponi Hula
18) 3:40 Kalei Gamiao
19) 3:55 'Eono Kane
20) 4:1O AHA mele (Academyof Hawaiian Arts)
21) 4:25 Ka Ehu Kai, ClosingRemarks/ Drawings/ Hawai'iAloha
5:00 PAU

See you all Sunday

If UU/or anyone else wants, I can do a little coverage of this day? Like make a little video with interviews, performances, etc. you know the little happenings around the festival.

Sorry Dom, but I'll probably miss your performance. I don't think I'll get there much before noon. I'll be with the UFO guys near the gym, so come say hello.

it'll be cool to see everyone! plus the weather is gonna be lovely too! quick question tho, is this a big event w/ vendors etc? some of my ppl want gifts an i want food =)

Lots of vendors, Hawaiian style food. You won't go hungry and there are plenty of gifts to be found.

Alright someone's gonna have to be on the lookout for me if we're gonna have a UU get together. I'm very forgetful of who people are. Plus I'm extra shy :eek:

dude, anyone ever eaten a chili moco from zippys? the perfect meal
Brah, you had to bring that up! Too effen bad no mo' one Zippys up hea, the closest thing is L&L - but not quite the same. Up hea in EG, we get Hawaiian Style Grill (HSG) owned and operated by two Kalihi boys. Das whea we hang . . .

mmmm loco moco. hope they have it. should we be getting together for a group UU photo??

how'r we gonna kno who's who?

"do u belong to the forum?" "scusie, do u belong to UU?" lol. yeah, im kinda shy myself. maybe if i see fred, i'll ask him whats up.

lookin forward to it mah bruddahs an sistah!

Top Bottom