Future Cigar Box Project?

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed my new avatar. It's a thumbnail of my smashed Lehua that had an unfortunate run-in with a Toyota 4Runner. The neck is still in reasonably good condition, so I'm considering taking on a cigar box project. Anybody know of a good source for boxes? I'm thinking of one with an arched top that would become the back, thinking it might help the projection.

Don't thank me, thank Russ. His stuff always turns out amazing, and it just goes to show how nice of a guy he is to share his findings with us all. Best of luck to you in your build!

I know Russ has a few Windsor Palmas boxes right now. If you contacted him maybe you could work out a deal where he could brace it up for you and you could just add the neck. I'm sure if you wanted to he might sell you the plain box too. Or, he could direct you where to get one.

I know Russ has a few Windsor Palmas boxes right now. If you contacted him maybe you could work out a deal where he could brace it up for you and you could just add the neck. I'm sure if you wanted to he might sell you the plain box too. Or, he could direct you where to get one.
Thanks, I just got the custom USAF box (see above) - couldn't pass it up. I'll ask Russ about his bracing technique, though.

Thanks again.

I'm curious if you've made any progress.

I'm in a similar situation (or at least my girlfriend's baritone is).

Took me a while to find your thread again.

Any update?

I'm curious if you've made any progress.

I'm in a similar situation (or at least my girlfriend's baritone is).

Took me a while to find your thread again.

Any update?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I did get a box, and am going to start the build soon. A friend of mine knows a guy who builds basses and has all the tools I don't have, so when he has a chance, I need him to do some mortise and tenon cuts where the neck block meets the new body. The neck's actually in better shape than I thought and matches the box perfectly, so it should turn out cool.

Top Bottom